How do I remove 1969 Galaxie 500 Rear / Back Seats?

35

Asked by Sep 12, 2016 at 08:37 PM about the 1969 Ford Galaxie

Hi. I am struggling to remove the rear seat cushion on my 69 Galaxie 500, just the bottom... It is moving but not coming undone. I just dont get it.... sigh.  thanks in advance

64,985

Push in on the bottom of the cushion near the floor and lift up. Do the same on the other side. HTH. -Jim

35

I already tried that, it doesn't work... the 69 is different from the others in MANY ways, could this be one of them? Anybody got photos?

23,845

Here's what the manual says: (1) Apply knee pressure to the lower portion of the rear seat and push rearward to disengage it from the brackets. (2) Remove one of the rear quarter armrests. (3) Remove the outer safety belt and seat back lower retaining screws. (4) Grasp the seat back at the bottom and lift it up to disengage the hanger wire from the retainer brackets. (5) Remove the seat back from the car. (6) Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm). - - Here is what is says for fold-down rear seats: Auxiliary Seat Back and Cushion: (1) Remove the 2 lower retaining screws securing the seat back to the floor. (2) Lift up and disengage the upper clips of the rear seat back from the top of the folding floor. (3) Disengage the seat cushion latch and remove the seat cushion from the car. (4) Installation is the reverse of removal. Second Seat Back: (1) Remove the 3 screws attaching the seat back to the seat back floor panel. (2) Pull the bottom of the seat forward and lift the seat off the floor panel. (3) Installation is the reverse of removal. Sorry about lack of paragraphs.

Best Answer
35

KenF! Thank you for that! Where do I get one of these Manuals? Thanks thanks thanks...

23,845

Try the free ones online at Autozone, or the butchered ones at http://arrc.ebscohost.com/ (you have to make an account at either site).

35

Thanks again, that worked (somehow!) and I successfully retrieved all of my seatbelts...