front suspension

35

Asked by Nov 07, 2011 at 12:42 PM about the 1967 Ford Galaxie

looking for a sport performance suspension setup for my 67 galaxie with a 390 any one have any suggestions where i can find one

605

Tom, I don't think you'll be able to find what you're looking for...at least not in a "Package" form from any of the usual vendors. (Dearborn Classics, Auto Krafters, etc...) All you can do to make the front end a little tighter and more responsive is take advantage of the small number of pieces and parts that ARE available....That, and the use of some of the oldest tricks in the book. (IE: lower profile tires, thicker sway bar, stiffer front springs...etc) The Galaxie is a full sized car, it was designed for comfort and a nice "Soft" ride, with factors like a 3,500 pound curb weight and a relatively long wheel base, it wasn't (still isn't) a good candidate for a sport car....or a car with any type of sport handeling. I'm in the same situation as you on this one...I've been useing a 64 Merc. Montclair as a daily driver. While I've been able to make "Some" improvements to the way it handles, There's nothing I can do to cause it to be as nimble as my 67 Mustang. (....simple laws of Physics....lol) Hope this helped... Riff.

35

Thanks Riff though not the answer I was looking for it is the 1 I expected. Maybe I just sell it and buy my buddy 67 cougar xr7 although it needs way more work to be presentable. Oh well thanks for the help.

605

No prob....Good luck.