What are some possibilities of a water leak on front floor 1965 Galaxie 500. I have eliminated the cooling system.

Asked by Mar 28, 2015 at 06:09 PM about the 1965 Ford Galaxie

Front carpeting is mostly wet on right side and less on left side.

2,535

Is the roof and doors sealing or is it letting water in?

7,615

Inspect the cowl area for rust

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't look like it is the doors or roof. What is the best way to inspect the cowl? Looking under the hood I can't see any problems at the fire wall.

Will do. I will check the cowl area and hope for the best. That is one area I was afraid of but I guess I will have to just jump in. Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know what I find.

7,615

At the base of the windshield there is what looks like a vent, raise the hood and remove the screws to access the cowl area.

Thank you. I was wondering if there would be a difficulty removing that vent. I have seen the screws and actually was looking for confirmation if that would give access to inspect the cowl. It will be off tomorrow. Thanks again.