What is the most common mechanical problem with this car?

Asked by Oct 11, 2013 at 03:44 PM about the 1990 Acura Legend

Just picked up a 1990, one owner legend with 81,000 miles. Should I change the timing belt now, or do I have some milage time left. Also, in your opinion, what surprises, mechanical issues are common on this car? What wears out the quickest and what should I be looking for? Thanks for the help.

1,600

go ahead and change the timming belt and water pump now and save yourself from problems down (or on) the road.

237,735

http://forums.acuralegend.org/1st-gen-legend-general-f2.html?s=bbdccf56258509649822291277362a80&

Thanks for the help. The forum looks great and I plan to become a member at some point. I am sure that I will be back to ask you guys more questions. lots of good info on there.

I have a question i just got a acura legand. And the clutch is engaging and disengaging it will rock car but it wont let the car move is this a trans issue or break issue

60,705

Rusty - that sounds like the clutch is shot.