Car will not start - completely dead

Asked by Jan 14, 2015 at 11:42 PM about the 2007 Fiat Punto

My Fiat Punto 2010 sometimes will not start.  Before inserting the key in the ignition the roof light and clock will be working fine but as soon as I insert the key in the ignition and turn it the whole dashboard display just goes dead and the car will not start.  It does not even make a click sound or nothing.  Just completely dead.  I then have to remove the key and insert it sometimes several times before the car will start normally and everything then works fine.  What can this be?

925

Seems like a battery problem. I had the same problem with my 2000 Fiat Punto 1.9 JTD. Replacing the aging battery for one with bigger capacity fixed the problem for good.