please help

Asked by Jun 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Base

i tried to bleed the line under the hood and nothing came out

6,725

which line? fuel rail / fuel line?

35

Try this. Have someone sit in the drivers seat and turn the key to the run position. While they do that open the gas cap and put your ear to it. when they turn the key you should hear a whinning noise. if there is no noise then its your fuel pump if there is a noise i would try the fuel filter like the other guy said. .

i dont no it is plastic . is there another one?

tnks ill check it

165

Everyone is giving you information on fuel issues which IS most likely. But you do need alternatives. You probably dont have the equipment to test fuel pressure because some fuel pumps may not make any noise, but you do need fuel pressure specs. Even if you bleed the lines and fuel comes out, you may still have a fuel pump issue. Fuel injected cars are very sensitive to pressure drops in the fuel system. But, assuming its not a fuel pump, check for burnt fuses under the dash and under the hood, check for spark from the spark plugs. Which the easiest way is to pull a spark plug out of the motor, put the ignition wire back on the spark plug, put the end of the spark plug and a bolt and have someone crank the engine. If it has spark, it will spark. (dont worry it doesnt hurt that bad if youre shocked). But if you do have an issue with anything, it needs to be taken to a shop. I know its expensive, i work at one, but they have the equipment to test everything correctly and they have the tools to do the job safely for you. Any issues with fuel can be very dangerous, because if you spill fuel on any electrical components there is a risk of fire. And we dont want you to get hurt because we told you to do something. Please be careful and keep us posted

my engine just got rebuilt was looking under the hood on the fuel rail and noticed that the fuel line with a plastic circle thing on it. the line is bent would that cause the pump to burn out the next day? i picked my car up from the shop . and drove maybe 30 miles car ran great and then i got gas drove home and that is when it all started?