Radio

10

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 05:03 PM

A dude replaced the battery under the fuse
box in my 2000 oldsmobile silhouette and
now the radio doesn't come on what should i
do

10

Hang on a minute ill look i dont know what fuse goes to radio

12,385

So the battery was replaced now everything is good ..except the radio has no power? Right

10

Yep

10

It says 10a for fuse but all i see is 10

12,385

Bad news, when battery was disconnected and replaced. The anti theft locked the radio..now a code is needed to unlock the radio. The dealer is the only one, might try a radio shop because its a 2000. Sorry.

10

Where does a code even get put in ? Its 16 years old lol

10

I do appreciate you taking the time to help

10

One more question. The ac cut out twice but came back on and blows cold

12,385

TRY this,Looking at the face of your radio, hold down the preset buttons 1 & 4 OR 2 & 3 (Depending on year and model) for approximately 10 seconds or until a set of 3 numbers comes up on the display. Write the numbers down.~~~~~Next press the AM / FM button. A new set of 3 numbers will now show. Write these numbers down. POST them here I'll check them 4-28

10

Nothing happens either way no power at all to radio

10

I knew i smelled rum on that dudes breath

12,385

Wait, lol is the radio the original or has it been changed out?

10

Original

12,385

OK, I'll look into it check back here tomorrow. I know my scan tools can get the code, If i had the car. I'll see if I can find a work around later.....

Best Answer
10

Thanks man definitely will

12,385

Requirements: The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode. or NO power at all?