Hello

20

Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 11:59 PM

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 5.3 I just had my
mechanic put in a used engine and know he's
saying that my transmission don't want to shift
from 3rd to 4th. He says it shifts when it wants to.
He did change the transmission oil because it was
pretty dirty. Can anyone give me an answer before I
start spending money on a transmission. Thaks

1,740

Did problem start right after he changed oil. If it did,sorry but I would be a bit suspicious. In any case it could just be it is going out. Go or call trusted tran shops and get mayb 3 estimates and ask how much for them to do work. Ask them to drive it if they can, ask could it be anything external. If so can they check? myself i like rebuilds, not swapping or remanufacture, but that's just me

20

Thanks, I also was looking on line and they also mention it could be the transmission solenoids?

1,740

Yeah selenoid can be problems, so could not reattaching things correct during engine swap, etc. Did it happen right after swap, if so why is a question you should ask