Motor swap

Asked by Feb 05, 2016 at 10:44 AM

I have an '85 Chevy k10 with a 305 and
700r4 transmission. Can I take the
throttle body 350 out of a '94  Chevy
and put it in the 85? Will the mounts
line up and will it fit with the 700r4
transmission

37,965

You would have to use the trany, the PCM, and wiring harness out of the 94' to run the 94' 350 TBI engine.

9,055

Yes It will bolt up to the tranny. You can keep the EFI as Rowefast suggests or swap the efi motor to carbureted by swapping your 305 intake over with carb and HEI distributor. You will need a low pressure electric fuel pump as the efi 350 block cannot run a mechanical fuel pump.

37,965

Oh ya, thanks on that yetilikebeer, so also you would need to make sure you have a return line back to the tank. I see some mechanical fuel pumps of this year have a return line. But the return line is hooked up the TBI back to the tank. Still can be done, you just get a sending unit for the gas tank with a return line hook-up, and to accept the electric fuel pump. You want this to be from 1992 to 1995 years. Fuel pump pressure is 9 to 13 lbs.