Motor swap

Asked by Feb 05, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Question type: Car Customization

I have an '85 Chevy k10 with a 305 and
700r4 transmission. Can I take the
throttle body 350 out of a '94  Chevy
and put it in the 85? Will the mounts
line up and will it fit with the 700r4

3 Answers


You would have to use the trany, the PCM, and wiring harness out of the 94' to run the 94' 350 TBI engine.


Yes It will bolt up to the tranny. You can keep the EFI as Rowefast suggests or swap the efi motor to carbureted by swapping your 305 intake over with carb and HEI distributor. You will need a low pressure electric fuel pump as the efi 350 block cannot run a mechanical fuel pump.


Oh ya, thanks on that yetilikebeer, so also you would need to make sure you have a return line back to the tank. I see some mechanical fuel pumps of this year have a return line. But the return line is hooked up the TBI back to the tank. Still can be done, you just get a sending unit for the gas tank with a return line hook-up, and to accept the electric fuel pump. You want this to be from 1992 to 1995 years. Fuel pump pressure is 9 to 13 lbs.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Motor Swap

    What motor would be good to swap in a 2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7l to a better and possible swap?

    2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB


    Car Customization

  • motor swap 2 answers

    will the sr20det make for a good '93 sentra motor swap??

    1993 Nissan Sentra


    Car Customization

  • Motor Swap 1 answer

    I want to do a motor swap. Should i stay with the manufacturer by going with a 2.4l saturn ion motor which makes 175 hp.And or go with the camry V6 vvti motor which produces 268 hp?

    1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan


    Car Customization

  • Motor Swap 7 answers

    I want to know what corvette motor will be the easiest to swap with my 305 to where i wont have to change my wiring harnesses and everything else does anyone know what motor is best besides the Lt1??

    1993 Chevrolet Caprice LS


    Car Customization

  • motor swap 4 answers

    is there a good v6 motor swap for this toyota and what kind of install kits are there...and does any one make a bolt on injecter system

    1981 Toyota FJ40


    Car Customization


Search Car Customization Questions

Car Customization Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 5,770
Reputation 3,660
#3 F_O_R
Reputation 3,650
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.