need help

Asked by Dec 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM

I have a 2004 rx330 Lexus the vsc and check
engine light came on can i still drive it like that i
have to travel back home or what should i do

Check you gas cap. That is a common reason to light CEL. Keep an eye on gauges, make sure it does not overheat, check oil, and you should be OK to drive home.... unless the CEL starts blinking, that indicates a more serious problem. And don't worry about the vsc, the computer automaticaly shuts the stability control off whenever the CEL is lit. It's not faulty, but is disabled. Merry Christmas ~David

49,395

I 100% agree with FordNut, if the check engine light is not flashing, fluid levels are good (oil, water, brake fluid, trans. fluid and power steering fluid) and the gauges are in the normal range I would drive it home. Merry Christmas!