Where is the starter button on a 1962 Rolls Silver Cloud I turn the ignition key and the ignition lights come on but the only button I see is located right above the ignition switch and it does nothin

Asked by Aug 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM about the 1962 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud

check the age of the battery....five years is all you can get from the new ones~The chassis was a simple steel box section, welded together and very rigid. Construction retained the traditional split between chassis and body, which facilitated the provision of special bodied versions though in practice the overwhelming majority of cars were delivered with the standard steel body shell, produced by Pressed Steel, and employing light weight aluminium based alloy for the doors, bonnet/hood and boot/trunk lid. [3] The car was 5.38 m (212 in) long, 1.90 m (75 in) wide, and massed 1.95 tonnes. The engine was a 155 hp / 4000 rpm 4.9 L six-cylinder unit with inlet over exhaust valves: twin SU carburettors were added in September 1957.[4] The standard transmission was a four-speed automatic. The turning circle was 41 feet 8 inches (12.70 m).[1] Brakes were hydraulic and assisted by the Rolls-Royce mechanical servo with 11 in (279 mm) drums and suspension was independent coils at the front and semi-elliptic springs at the rear. Twin brake master cylinders were incorporated from April 1956.[4] Power steering became an option in 1956 along with air conditioning. A long-wheelbase version, lengthened by 4 in (102 mm), was also made available in September 1957, outwardly very similar to the existing car, but offering improved leg space for rear-seat passengers.[3] The British Motor magazine tested a standard-wheelbase factory-bodied Series I in 1956 recording a top speed of 102.9 mph (165.6 km/h) and acceleration from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 13.5 seconds and a fuel consumption of 14.5 miles per imperial gallon (19.5 L/100 km; 12.1 mpg- US). The test car cost £5078 including taxes.[2]

65

You have a fault, that is the starter button. You can try and start it by the starter solenoid which is on the left hand chassis. Open the left hand bonnet and reach down to the chassis by the buck head the solenoid has a rubber button on the end which should turn the engine over, if the ignition is on it should start. Make sure that it is out of gear!

Hey John, I have a silver cloud 3, I was trying to start it up today and it was not starting. I wanted to check what the problems could be but I am not getting a proper answer from anywhere. I belive the battery is not charging properly since I have installed a new battery and everything. I dont see what the problem is since my bettery indicator is showing battery low but the fuel pump constantly pumps as soon as I put the car in ignition. I tried using a booster but the car starts and cuts off immediately. I checked all the fluids looks fine, I checked the fuel level and I still have 3/4th of the tank left on the gauge. I hope you may have a sloution for this problem.