a yellow light is coming on intermittantly, maybe ABS also a high short peeping sound when I brake andwhen I go off the throttle, any ideas appreciated

10

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 02:44 AM about the 2003 Mazda Demio

Hope someone can assist with ideas to resolve the problem, thanks

Does the orange light resemble this: (0) if so, that is a symbol for abs or low brake fluid, that is where I would start: Check your brake fluid level, then have the OBD codes read at a chain type parts store, AutoZone, PepBoys, something like that. Then write the codes down and bring them back here, do not pay any money to have them give you the codes

10

Thanks, I will get the code checked. Here in NZ I have to go to the Service workshop to get the codes, about $100, so hopefully they will tell me them and I can come back. Its definitely worth a try! Thanks once again for the feedback.

You can buy an OBD and OBDII code scanner for as little as $59...they go up to $5,000. and everywhere between.. depending on what software is in them ...at this website they sell the Toyota "Interface", in other words the CORD ONLY for 500 bucks...... http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools-Garage-and-Equipment/Code-Reader/_/N-25iq