balloon release noise

Asked by Nov 01, 2011 at 06:42 AM about the 2002 Mazda Demio

Demio Jap import, has a loud balloon release noise when engine starts and only stops when i either excelerate for a second ot apply the breaks on full!! the noise sounds like there is a tube that just needs taping but am not sure if its more to that, anyone else with the same problem and if so, how did you fix it, thanks

3,140

probably the brake booster vacuum line. find the brake master cylinder (where you put brake fluid). right behind it there will be a round thing that the master cylinder bolts into. there SHOULD be a a rubber hose about a half inch in diameter going into that round thing. if its not there, look around in the engine for a hose going to nothing. there should be a plastic elbow on the end of the hose too. plug the directly into the round brake booster.

thank you!! will look for this and hopefully that will be the solution!! :)