Abs sensor fault

45

Asked by Dec 02, 2010 at 07:25 PM about the 2000 Peugeot 406

i have a 2000 2.0l coupe which keeps on saying ABS Fault, then Brake Fault. i assume one of the sensors is faulty, but which one? i cant get them off cause its a stupid torx screw and they are well seized.
Is both these faults linked?

11,665

Brake light/ABS light probably Use an ocilliscope - disconnect the wire to the wheel Connect scope to the two wire to each wheel , you should see a good 2-3 volt AC signal from each wheel as you spin it. Otherwise get the proper scanner to read the ECU for the ABS system.

2,285

A common fault on the 406 coupe is the abs ring on the drive shaft breaks but this usually causes a pulsing sensation through the brake pedal. your fault is more likely to be related to the ecu on the abs pump as mine was. Unfortunately it means swapping the whole abs unit, £600 new from a dealership, £50 plus postage if you find a used one. Try ade1122 on eBay, he's well known and respected amongst coupe owners in the UK. Also, just for you, check out 406coupeclub.org UK owners club, very helpful, loads of useful info and always someone willing to help.