2018 Ford Focus RS Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2018 Ford Focus RS against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2018 Ford Focus RS?

2018 Ford Focus RS Hatchback Review
says:
This car is the most over achieving car I have ever owned. I am on new car number 38 in the last 30 years. Most of them in sports cars (Corvette, 370Z, S4, WRX Sti, 135M, M4, M3X2, Lexus ISF, etc.). The Focus RS is an amazingly solid car full of options equal to or better than my most recent M4. This car out handles all of the above cars on a tight series of corners in all weather conditions. The Sport Cup 2s probably have some influence of this but the steering feel and feedback is also better than any of the above cars. I know it is rated at 350Hp and 350 FtLbs but that has to be underrated. The seats (Recaro) are a little tight but I find them extremely comfortable. The back seats are completely usable for someone up to about 6 and being a hatch gives it utility the M4 simply lacked. Build quality and fit and finish (I hate to even admit this) seems to be on par with the M4 with materials, fit & finish, stereo, and Fords Synch 3 is actually superior to BMWs. The ride is a little jittery but I expected it from a car with so much handling prowess. It handles so amazingly that it makes you a way better driver than you actually are and inspires confidence in a way no other car I have owned did. I have the 2018 Anniversary Edition and I feel like the car is extremely special. You wont see many on the road. If you want a shot at owning one visit Kunes Country Ford in Antioch, Il and ask for Bob. It sounds like a shameless plug but it honestly is not. I would never, ever recommend a specific dealer if it were not for how hard they worked at getting me this car, allowing me to drive it before committing and giving me a fair deal. Again, this car is the definition of Overachiever and the lucky few who get the chance to drive one to prove it to themselves will not be disappointed. This car gets 5 stars and if there was a sixth it would earn that too. Brakes, acceleration, handling, fit/finish, paint quality, interior quality, entertainment system, gauge clarity and placement and especially steering feel is something special. I have not even considered a new ford since I had an F150 more than 15 years ago and I was a sceptic but after seeing it at the Chicago Car Show my wife talked me into at least considering it because she fell it love with the color, interior and layout it general.
vs2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Power Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD better.
"Engine just has more power which makes it faster in a straight line although it cannot compete with the 4 wheel drive and tenacious grip of the Focus RS"
Handling Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"Steering feel is better and it just grips the corners like a Honey Badger. I have taken both on my favorite twisty roads (I live in an area with amazing deserted twisty roads) and the Focus out handles the M4 easily. Much faster through the corners, the tighter the faster, with a much more confidence inspiring feel. The only place the M4 was better is highway ride or rough road conditions in general. Smoother. But as far as sports car handling the Focus RS is in an entirely different category."
Looks/Style Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"It is just more unique looking, paint jumps out as special compared to M4, aggressive stance. You have to look at the M4 fairly closely to be able to tell it is not a regular 4 Series coupe. The Ford Focus will never be mistaken for anything but a Ford Focus RS."
Front Seats Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"The Recaro seats just have better support and feel."
Back Seats Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"The Focus has 4 doors giving it an advantage but the seats are also larger and more usable."
Cargo Capacity Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"The back seats are bigger and the hatch space is more versatile. "
Family Car Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"Four doors and the space afforded by the hatch design. Much more flexible and convenient. Also the 4 wheel drive makes it much more capable in wet weather and snowy conditions."
Value Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"The Focus RS has much better handling and steering feel compared to the M4 and 80% of its straight line speed and equal braking at a little over 1/2 the price. I guess it lacks the prestige of the M badge but when you are driving it you dont care and you get just as many looks and thumps ups."
Would Buy Ranked 2015 BMW M4 Coupe RWD worse.
"Better handling, steering and 80%+ of its straight line speed with quality overall approaching the M4 at just over 1/2 the price."
Find a new Ford Focus RS near you
Zip:
MSRP: $41,120 Invoice:$39,270 Search Ford dealers to find exactly the car you want.
Have you driven a 2018 Ford Focus RS?