2006 Honda Ridgeline User Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2006 Honda Ridgeline against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2006 Honda Ridgeline vs:

Have you driven a 2006 Honda Ridgeline?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2006 Honda Ridgeline reviews.

Overall:

Would Buy This Truck Again And Again — Loved the way this truck drove, put chrome rims on it and changed the appearance, low to zero cost for repairs very sturdy reliable truck even in the winter cold. no problem for any weather. good gas mileage and would buy again. nice looking truck with the right rims.

Pros: Got this truck in 2005 before anyone new its potential, good truck easy to handle not a big cargo area but big enuff for me and what i was using it for. Love this truck!!

Cons: no cons solid truck

Ridgeline

Looking for a Used Ridgeline in your area?

CarGurus has 6,289 nationwide Ridgeline listings starting at $4,900.

Overall:

Honda Ridgeline — I love this truck, cargo space, interior space. Looks and rides like a luxury vehicle but has the optimism of a full size truck. A LOT of compartments inside and in the bed (has a trunk). Very easy to maintain.

Pros: Everything you would want in a truck and then some.

Cons: Towing capacity is not up to par of a full size truck

Overall:

Love My Ridgeline! — I always said if Honda built a truck I would buy one and I did as soon as they came out with the 2006 Ridgeline. I have owned several Hondas, Civics and CRV and all of my adult children own Hondas. This truck has plenty of torque and power with class. We needed something with room for traveling with the grandkids but this truck has been a life saver when my husbands Ford trucks for the ranch break down. I have hauled cows, horses, hay and his broken truck with no problems. Gas mileage is really good for a truck and the storage compartment impresses all who see me loading the truck with bags of feed for the ranch. Over 99,000 miles and have not had to do a lick of work on it. Just the normal maintenance, will be taking it in for a new timing belt as scheduled next week.

Pros: Reliable, good gas mileage, storage space, comfortable ride.

Cons: Blind spots backing up.

Overall:

Great Truck If You Do Not Need A Full Size Pick-up — 2006 was the first year for the Ridgeline and it has not changed much since then. Overall I like the truck and the cabin area is much larger than any other similar 4 door truck. Up until last 2010 there were zero problems then things started happening. Temp control for AC & Heat stopped working on driver side... Auto door un-lock stopped working... I had to replace the rear seat floor supports several times at $250 a pop & ended up just using a bunge cord (sure hope they fixed this on newer models). Fixed dents in the tail gate more than once... you can not see anything when you back up! Never had any engine or transmission problems at all. Just change the oil and replace the tires.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: Nice to drive and ride in. Handles well and can tow up to 5,000 lbs.  Love the storage space below the truck bed. Very cool idea.

Cons: Small truck bed so if you haul lots of stuff or large items a lot this may not be for your.  The truck bed will scratch very easily so you might want to use a rubber matt.  Really hard to see behind when you are backing up so get the back-up camera!

Overall:

Over All Good Car, Poor Truck — Wonderful leather interior, roomy and quiet. Nice dual zone auto a/c.Very limited cargo capability due to factory accessory bed cover. A little better fuel economy out of the 3.5 liter V-6 would be nice. Actually it's an Accord with an over sized trunk.

Pros: typical Honda quality and reliability

Cons: limited cargo room due to restricted access from dealer installed hard bed cover . Poor fuel economy for engine size.

Overall:

I Loved This Truck. — This is a great multipurpose truck. I has a full sized spare though I have never used it. A storage area in the bed of the truck for security and for tail gating, a drain plug for ice melt. The back seats all raise and store flat for even more storage. Would be great for a college kid needing to come and go from school.

Pros: This is a great truck.

Cons: The only reason we are looking to sell is because we have a new-born and the child seat makes it cramped for the front passenger.

Overall:

Love It! — Has an in bed trunk space. Love it! Amazing truck. Runs great. No problems. 4x4. Has a 6 cd changer. Has separate driver and passenger air controls. Alloy wheels. Just love it! Having another baby so we need more interior space is the only reason we are selling.

Pros: Has an in bed trunk space. Love it!
    Runs great. Have had no problems.

Cons: Has a truck bed A little smaller then most trucks.

Safety:
    Overall:

Awesome Truck!!! — I love everything about it!!! Would definitely recommend to anyone that wants a SUV/truck...WOW!!!! It will fit 3 adults in the back seat comfortably. I haven't found a large SUV that can do that...... I have even fit 4 large boys in the back and was plesently surprised that they weren't smashed together......

Pros: This an AWESOME truck.  I love the versitality of this truck.  What other truck comes with a trunk???  Awesome.....  This is my 2nd one I have owned....  The residual value is tops

Cons: Can't think of any...

Overall:

I Love This Truck! — I thought I would keep my Honda Element until they took me to the Nursing Home, and then I decided I might want a boat. Well I'm not going to tow a boat with a 4 cylinder, so the only logical choice was the Honda Ridgeline. The truck came out in 2006 and won every award you can give a truck, and it has lived up to all the hype! Read the "Owner Reviews," these people a fanatics, they love their Ridgelines. I bought it because it has the "Tried and True," VTEC V6 engine, has a 5000lb towing capacity, looks really sexy, and the ride is so good I want to smoke a cigerette when I'm finished and I don't even smoke, now how many cars can do that for you?

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: Looks like a truck, has a truck bed, but "Boy!" it doesn't drive like a truck!

Cons: Everybody always wants better gas milage!

Overall:

If you need the utility of a mid size pickup once in a while but want the comfort and handling of a car a Ridgeline is a good choice.

Pros: Perfect "do anything" vehicle. Utility when needed. Drives like car otherwise. Very stable at Interstate speed and twisty roads. Outstanding performance & safety in snow. Two way tailgate and hidden trunk are great features.

Cons: Five speed transmission shifts a little too much on hilly terrain which hurts MPG. If you drive mostly flat roads you will be happy with MPG.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2006 Honda Ridgeline reviews.

2014 Honda Ridgeline Reviews

Excellent By ctp77554

I liked the combination of size, capacity, ride and reliability of Honda products. This my third Honda product and I have been impressed with the fit and finish of all of them. My Ridgeline certainly ... Read More

Great First Truck Effort. I Can't Wait Until The 2016 Ridgeline Is Out. By rayv43

Overall I really enjoy the Ridgeline and at this price, it can't be beat. They do need to make the wheels look better on all of the trim levels and improve the audio system. The audio sounds like some... Read More

2013 Honda Ridgeline Reviews

Great Urban Truck By Sherrill

Awesome ride and handling; roomy and comfortable cabin; dent-resistant, no rust, bed with an extremely useful trunk compartment and two-way tailgate. Backseat flips up to help haul extra tall items in... Read More

2012 Honda Ridgeline Reviews

Great Family Truckster. By CDRNick64

Overall we love having the Ridgeline, it's safe and fairly efficient for a big vehicle. Love the V6 front wheel drive but a larger engine would still deliver this average mpg. Its been 8 years since a... Read More

The Perfect Pickup For The Suburban Man By MorningMist

I am not a pickup guy, but really convinced myself I needed one for a house remodel. An SUV wouldn't due because I needed the large open back only a pickup could provide. In the end I chose the Hond... Read More

2011 Honda Ridgeline Reviews

Second Ridgeline, Awesome Truck / Suv By Jim

Honda reliability, good styling, smooth ride, trunk in bed and dual action tailgate, Comfortable interior, lots of room in backseat, plenty of power, Honda Certified Warranty, long lasting tires Th... Read More

2010 Honda Ridgeline Reviews

The Best Compact Pickup On The Market. By Jim

When I was looking for a new pickup truck, I was coming out of a Lexus sedan with a beater Ford F-150 as the weekend utility truck. My son was getting into Scouting and the old F-150 was becoming too ... Read More

You Either Love Or Hate Design It Seems. I'm A Lover. By b2r

Test drove and wanted to purchase in about 15 mins. SOLID but COMFORTABLE drive. I'm not a "truck person" but this "truck" (SUV with a basket) is fantastic with Honda quality. Truck owners hate for s... Read More

Cars compared to 2006 Honda RidgelinePeople researching a 2006 Honda Ridgeline contacted a dealer about

Ridgeline

Looking for a Used Ridgeline in your area?

CarGurus has 6,289 nationwide Ridgeline listings starting at $4,900.

Have you driven a 2006 Honda Ridgeline?