Have you driven a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am?

Displaying 21 - 30 of 2002 Pontiac Grand Am 30 reviews.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SEReview
Brian writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

A Really Sporty Car. — My car is really sporty, but its quality typical of General Motors car from that era. It has really quick acceleration for a 170-hp V6 car. It has a low cost of ownership and the only "cost" has been to replace the power window motor. The car is very fun to drive.

Pros: Fun to drive, speed compensated volume (SCV) on the stereo, sporty looks inside and out.

Cons: A light is burnt out in the stereo display and the power window motor frequently breaks down, especially if used often.

Jerry writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Better Then New — This car has alot of potential... if you have the patience for it. I bought this car for $10k w/ 35k miles. Since then I added a little bit at a time to make it mine. (Why keep a car stock?) Maybe I watched Fast and the Furious too much. Main color is Red and Black as the accent and a theme of Dragons. This is what I added to the car so far: New mirrors Altezza Style Taillights Dragon Floor Mats Aftermarket Front Bumper Dragon Decals (Hood, Fenders, Sides, windshield) 15% tint Borla Exhaust Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Ceramic Brake Pads Kuhmo Tires Blue Xenon lights Front & Back Strut Bars Gages (Oil Pressure, Air/Fuel, Volts) Red Underlighting Red Interior Lighting Red painted Calipers This is not the easiest car to work on or to find things for(and kinda expensive), but in the end it's worth it.

Pros: Nice Body

Cons: Hard to buy for

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SEReview
LeeMichael writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Best Car Ever. — I have had my car since March of 2005. Its a 2002 four cylinder Grand Am SE. Its fun to take in the country and coast along the open road. Its fun to drive and if Pontiac brought them back, I would totally get another one.

Pros: Comfy. Reliable, fuel efficient. Take care of it and it won't give you any trouble.

Cons: Small 4 cylinder engine. Makes a lot of noise without doing a lot of work when you put your foot to the floor. Brakes need to be changed constantly which has been a problem since the early 1990s.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1Review
Lisa writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Economy Car — I love it, it's my 3rd Grand Am. It handles well, has never needed any major repairs. It's a well built car that gets good gas mileage. I now have over 108000 miles on it and it's still going strong.

Pros: Great gas mileage, great handling

Cons: small engine, no pickup

2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT CoupeReview
Joe writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

2002 Grand Am Gt — it has really good power and looks pretty good, also it is really good quality for the money and the sound system is good for being stock. my dislikes are it is really common car but other than that i cant complain

Kelli writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

This Car Kicks Ass! — This is exactly like my car, only difference is mine has rain guards on the windows & sunroof.

Pros: Runs & handles great, lots of power...3.4 L V6 w/ Ram Air, dual exhaust w/ quad pipes, killer rims.

Cons: Would rather have a coupe but need a 4-door.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 CoupeReview
Jessica writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Platinum Grand Am — This is my second Grand Am and I still love it. Despite a few bumps in the road, it's been a decent and reliable car. And even at 6 years old and having hit 2 deer with it, it's still a good-looking, attention-getting car.

Pros: I love the moonroof and Monsoon Sound in the car, though I've blown the 2 rear speakers out of it!  She's a pretty quick car even in stock condition.  Overall I enjoy the sporty appearance.

Cons: These cars are notorious for going through wheel bearings very quckly...and at $150 + per bearing it can get a bit pricey to replace one every year.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 CoupeReview
Bill writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

It's Not The "end-all" Sports Car, But It's Hell Of A Lot Of Fun To Drive! — Strap yourself in, drop the windows, open the moonroof, pop your favorite "driving music" CD into the Monsoon stereo system, crank it ALL the way up, and find yourself a desolate country road...do this on a nice warm summer night, and there's not too much that can beat the way your stress dispears as you cruise along in this ultra-surprising ride! My 3.4L V-6 won't beat a Vette, but it will readily challenge your driving skills if you over-do it on the throttle! On the flip-side, there isn't much that will stop this car when it comes to weather. The traction control system is amazing! New England winters can throw some NASTY snow-storms at you, and this buggy won't leave you stuck anywhere! Just the right amount of weight to give you traction, but not enough to curse you with braking difficulties.

Pros: WAY too many to list!  All of the controls are at your finger tips.  The driver can reach, and operate any of the needed controls without losing concentration on the road; the layout of the instruments is very easy to read, even the indicator lights are very straight forward; automatic headlights; seats are comfortable on a long drive; plenty of storage...and I could go on forever!

Cons: It's not a Trans Am, Corvette, or even a Solstice...and the headlight bulbs aren't too much fun to replace.

2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT CoupeReview
Chris writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My Pizza Delivery Car — Bought this in 05 and delivered pizza in it for 2 years putting but 60,000 miles on it. Loved the car until little things started to go and that pissed me off alot. Brakes were always goin on it, windows always coming off track. The car didn't have alot of HP, but it sure felt like it did.

Pros: Great looking car, comfortable, nice interior, loved my rims on it.

Cons: Brakes sucked, windows sucked, sure there were a few ther things that sucked on it also.

Steven writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Nice Car With Lots Of Problems — This is my 2002 Grand Am GT, It has torque cast wheels, 5% tint on rear, 20% on front, I have some nice audio upgrades as well. The car is nice to drive but a tad small for me. It handles great and has some nice get up and go. But the down side to this car is its build quality, I have had lots of problems from trans breaking to fuel pump, to steering and more small annoying things as well, not a car to buy used or without a warranty.

Pros: Fast, looks nice

Cons: breaks a lot

Displaying 21 - 30 of 2002 Pontiac Grand Am 30 reviews.

2006 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews

Wouldnt Buy It Again For Myself But Its A Reliable Car By Laura

its not a speed machine it hasnt needed much for repairs the interior appearance and exterior are great. its great on gas and its a very comfortable car to drive and it is a safe car to drive if you... Read More

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews

Review By Guru94WYCB

This type car is wonderful. Good smooth riding, easy to drive. Great radio and CD player. A/C and Heat were excellent. This car was my baby and so much fun to share with my friends. I took severa... Read More

Great Car By Williams13

I like just about everything on this car, the 3.8L engine has lots of power, very rummy inside, great gas mileage for a v6 engine, it go lots of miles but still running great, everything works on this... Read More

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews

Review By Guru9KZMKM

Great car. It very happy with it. I hope it will last for years. Read More

Review By Paul

Severe rust. Multiple broken components. Service engine soon light on. ABS light on. Read More

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews

Meh By Ira

It was an el cheapo car until I could afford a better one. I don't plan on having this car long term.The car gets really good gas mileage, but it lacks power. The engine is pretty reliable and I've ha... Read More

I'm A Pontiac Man , Love My Pontiac Vehicles By Garry

Monsoon CD Stereo system sounds great with the Factory Monsoon 250 watt Amplifier and the Monsoon Speakers, but for the rear panel 6x9 speakers needs up grade what i don't like about is that ... Read More

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews

My 1st Car By Brightwell2016

I loved my 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 75th Anniversary Edition It was a cool car while it lasted My head gasket blew out and I drove it to the Dealer to get it fixed and by the time i got there I had... Read More

Great Car By Sarah

Performance was great... the engine had a lot of miles but, what do you want for a used car Appearance - few cigarette burns in the seats but otherwise cherry inside and out Cost of Ownership- T... Read More

Grand Am

Looking for a Used Grand Am in your area?

CarGurus has 118 nationwide Grand Am listings starting at $2,600.

Have you driven a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am?