1991 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Corvette Top Comparisons

Users ranked 1991 Chevrolet Corvette against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

1991 Chevrolet Corvette vs:

Have you driven a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
    Rank this car

Displaying 11 - 18 of 18 1991 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

1991 Chevrolet Corvette Review
    Overall:

Money Pit! — Looked good, but spent more time on a flatbed than on the road. Had more squeaks than a farm fulla baby chicks. Radio went out, seals leaked, alternator, battery went..ggeesshh..

Owner for 4 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:7,000

Pros: Nice looking, fast car.

Cons: Never ran quite right.

Corvette

Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?

CarGurus has 17,890 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $2,995.

Overall:

Fantastic Car To Drive And Beautiful To Look At! — Recently purchased this wonderful white coupe. It handles the corners great and is a true pleasure to drive. I look forward to many years behind the wheel.

Owner for 0 years, 2 months

Miles Driven per Year:3,000

Overall:

Wow! — This car is very fun to drive. Seats hold you in place. Lots of power. Excellant handling.

Overall:

Always Wanted A Nice Car For My Wife — We are enjoying the car. We live in central Fl.and took it out yesterday with the top off. The vette is red and we get compliments all the time. I enjoy the pickup when you push it .The previous owner installed wide stainless exhaust tips which are very attractive from the rear.The lumbar pump on the drivers side does not work nor the c d player otherwise it seems totally flawless. We are looking forward to adding more features to the car.

1991 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Review
    Overall:

My Little Red Vette — It's a great car for a couple. it is not intended to be a family car. I would buy another one just like it, in fact I am looking for another one at the present time. If you want a fun car this is the one for you.

Pros: It's a corvette that has been taken care of and has been used for the last 11 years only as pleasure. It rides good and drives very good holding to the road like only a vette can do.

Cons: No passenger room in the back and very little room for shopping bags or cargo.

Snow/Ice:
    Overall:

Blues Shark — At this point, I have a second car, so "Nassau Nellie" has become my project car. Now I can add more personal touches to her. I have big plans for her, and I cannot wait to get started with them.

Pros: This is my third Corvette, and my second C4.  I would have preferred an LT-1, but this L98 was affordable, and it performed when I took it for a test drive.     The front cross-brace has really stiffened the front end.  My other C4 was a '92, and the weakness of the clamshell hood design was apparent in the vibrations I felt every time I drove it, and especially when I removed the targa top.
    The L98 engine is good.  At 250 bhp, it is down 50 bhp to my old LT-1, but its 350 lb/ft of torque is up 20 lb/ft compared to the LT-1.  That torque, combined with the gearing of the 3.45:1 rearend, allows me to leave on anyone.
    This '91 was exactly the right color combination for me -- I had been looking for a Quasar Blue C4 with a black interior.  I previously owned a '01 coupe in Millenium Yellow with a red interior.  I thought that I would eventually warm up to the red, but it always bothered me to be surrounded by red when I really wanted a black interior.  I have learned that if I do not like something immediately, I will not grow to like it.
    One of my favorite features of any C4 is the clamshell hood.  I still get revved up every time I pull up that hood and reveal the entire engine and front suspension!
    Another C4 feature that I love is how low the car sits.  The first '97 C5 I saw was in a parking lot, so I pulled my '92 C4 alongside it.  I got a huge smile when I saw that my '92 was one inch lower than the '97.
    Most people complain about getting into a C4, but to me, I feel that I am stepping INTO the car, where I belong, and as close to road as possible!  In my '01, I felt like I was getting into any other Chevrolet, even my lowly Cavalier.

Cons: This Corvette has not been as bullet-proof as my two previous Corvettes.  I remind myself that my '01 C5 was only 4 years old with 32,000 miles, and my '92 was 8 years old with 42,000 miles at the time of purchase.  This '91 was 20 years old with 59,600 miles when I bought it.  Otherwise, everything is as I expected.
    As with any C4, getting out of it is always an adventure!  Make sure that the door does not swing back into you, and that you have your feet planted properly so that you do not twist your ankle.

1991 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Review
    Overall:

Only 40,000 Miles ! — GREAT CAR, looks good,feels good driving. drives straight. does not pull. breaks are new. stops great.engine feels like new.just tuned up..top is in great condt. tires are good.everything in it works. air cond. is great. can not find a thing wrong with it.has new battery. no damage.electric everything..

Pros: FANTASTIC CAR !

Overall:

Best Sport Car — My vette is C4,Z06, 6 Speed STD, Engine LT1 420HP, Hipertech Power Chips Street Runner, Hipertech coil, Spark plugs Bosch Platinum Racing, Edelbrock High Performance throttle bodies 52mm, Triple Air intake Cold air induction,Exhaust Corsa Performance power pulse LT1 Pro series 3.5", Wheels BBS 18", Brakes Baer Kit, Red interior and exterior styling.

Pros: Dream

Cons: nothing

Displaying 11 - 18 of 18 1991 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Impressive Value By Kory

Sexy car, I do not stop hearing people voice their enthused opinions at me. Every red light is a chance to hear what the next guy has to say about this impressive car. The fuel economy mode is impecca... Read More

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Impressive By Haskins

This is the best car I've driven, and I've driven a lot of sports and luxury cars. This is hands down better than my $94,000 08 Viper. Drove the west coast from Washington down thru California and it ... Read More

All Muscle And So Much Fun To Drive! By ltippit

It's hard to say anything bad about this car! My first sports car could not have been a better fit! I have a need for speed and this was the perfect car for me! Things I love - heads up display, hi... Read More

2013 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Great By kennethford

I love everthing about my vette,stylethree color black the yellow brack pads and i put the car in a show an win a best in show for the frist, time and i`m 65 yours young and love it when i take it out... Read More

Best Car! By Acadia_128269

I love the ride, looks and handling! With the top down in the evenings, there is nothing like it! This is the perfect car for the Carolina's, drive year round! This is my 7th Corvette, but the first c... Read More

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

I Love It, I Really Do, The Siblings Love It, So Im A Keeping It! By SHELBYFORLIFE

This car is a very fun car, it may be expensive, but she is my other women! she has always been there, she has always let me process my anger threw her pedals, and her gears. Her name is Treasure, for... Read More

I Am Extremely Impressed With The Car. By wilscaal

If looking for a performance car that is also a great daily driver, you can't beat this car. For a car with 430HP the mileage of 19-24MPG is excellent. Outstanding cargo capacity with the hatch rea... Read More

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Best Non Aspirated Corvette By TooFast

What can I say, I really cannot say enough. This Z06/Z07 is equipped the same as the Carbon Edition with subtle differences in paint scheme and interior trim, however from a performance perspective th... Read More

Only Drivin To Car Shows By tashkentzoo

This is an outstanding example of a Grand Sport. The color which is Supersonic Blue draws your attention. In fact, I've been told it's one of the most attractive colors of that model year. I get a lot... Read More

Cars compared to 1991 Chevrolet CorvettePeople researching a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette contacted a dealer about

Corvette

Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?

CarGurus has 17,890 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $2,995.

Have you driven a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
    Rank your car →