1970 Citroen Ami User Reviews

Have you driven a 1970 Citroen Ami?

1970 Citroen Ami Review

Old And Yellow, But Funky And With Loads Of Personality! I Loved It... — I co-owned the "Clockwork banana" with my brother when I was 18- 19... it was quite old, had a quirky, mad but yet funky design (most old Citroens do) and was very, very, very yellow. You can't deny it has personality! The interior was great!!! How can you beat a single-spoke-rubber- covered steering wheel, a dashboard-mounted gear shifter and seats so thin that look almost like beach chairs? I spent many hours under it's bonnet fiddling with the very weird 3CV engine (to make it work)... Ride was bouncy but smooth (it had an early type of air suspension on the back) and the handling was one of the worst ever (would roll 60 degrees when taking corners at more than 40KPH. The heating system was quite basic, but ingenious: the air was pushed through a metal box that wrapped a bit of exhaust pipe... very safe (NOT) if the exhaust pipe happened to leak.... I loved this car...

Pros: Hmmmmm.... Looks? Definitely a recommended new driving

Cons: Read review above

Looking for a Used Ami in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Have you driven a 1970 Citroen Ami?