Engine hesitation

Asked by Apr 09, 2009 at 09:01 PM about the 2000 Volvo V40 Turbo Wagon

Hello,

My wife and I own a 2000 Volvo V40. Recently it randomly decided to start hesitating. When stopped at a light, for example, you can feel the engine skip/hesitate but not constantly. It does it in reverse as well. I'm thinking the spark plugs are due for a change but my other dilemma is that I cannot find where they're located!? I'm posting here because the closest Volvo dealer to us is in the Twin Cities! Any advice or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

45

Sounds like a coilpack is on its way out. best bet would be to do a search for a local independent near you who can plug a reader into it and see if any codes are thrown up (if it a coilpack there will be one) as regards to the spark plugs they underneath the big plastic cover good luck