2006 Audi S4 Avant User Reviews

Have you driven a 2006 Audi S4 Avant?

Displaying all 10 2006 Audi S4 Avant reviews.

2006 Audi S4 AvantReview
Overall:

Not Many Of This One Made — i love in quality of built so solid driving at high speeds.it not a easy engine to work on but once all done good for a good while......got the car as a trade in engine was defective(timing chains)redid the engine replace the clutch and redid the exhaust...worth all my time and effort.

Pros: great engine,nice drive

Cons: well it a v8!

2006 Audi S4 Avant BaseReview
Overall:

The Ultimate Sleeper Car. Corvettes And Nissan Zs Don't Know What Hit Them. — Awesome V8 sound. Incredible road handling. Luxurious interior, including premium Bose sound system. The six speed manual is super tight and the brakes are insane. Driving this vehicle is a constant threat to my drivers license and possible jail time.

Pros: Power, handling, anonymity.

Cons: Service and maintenance cost.

2006 Audi S4 AvantReview
Overall:

Great Car — This car does it all, dry, wet, snow, it can handle it all, I replaced my corvette with this car and have never looked back. Its a great car for your kids mine love the heated seats makes them feel like they are adults also.

Pros: Great power, great handling and appearance, interior is top quality

Cons: NONE

Appearance:
Overall:

The Ultimate Q-car — I like how discreetly it looked before it blew off porsches and lambos. I didn't like the fact it wasn't an RS4 and I couldn't afford it once the kids arrived. I'll never forget the engine though. Best car I ever owned.

Pros: The engine

Cons: The price

Appearance:
Overall:

S4 Avant - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing — A wolf in sheep's clothing - I got 6 tickeys in my red TT and none in my silver S4. With 25 more HP, bi-turbo acceleration, and great handling, you would have thought it would have been the other way around. I love my car.

Pros: Steath, room for 5

Cons: Not a drop top

Appearance:
Overall:

S4 Avant — Bomb in every respect. I bought the car in March of 2008. It is four years old and it still has the highest quality fit and finish. It has an awesome 340 HP 4.2L V8, so its no surprise that it accelerates like a scared cat. I think that the previous owner had it lowere, so it handles tight. The Audi S4 avant has great looks, unique color, unique body style... its a true looker.

Pros: Acceleration, looks, capacity

Cons: none

Appearance:
Overall:

Fast Wagons Are Sick — it's bright blue, it has a real AWD system, V8 power, Recaro sport seats, yet it has the storage space of most small SUVs and can seat 5. how can you not like this car?

Pros: comfortable, loaded, looks good, hauls ass while hauling a ton of crap at the same time

Cons: handling isn't as good as it could be with the engine ahead of the front axle line

Appearance:
Overall:

They Called It The Cruise Missile. — I do love this car but it's too cruisy for me if you know what I mean. You could be driving on a long straight "A" road on 6th gear and suddenly you see about 5 or maybe 7 cars all stacked up together following this car going at maybe 60mph. With this car you just need to move your right foot down a bit then a few seconds later all the cars will suddenly re-appear again but this time on your mirrors with your speedo pointing at 130mph. The question is you might ask me.... "Are you mad going 130mph on an 'A' road"? At this point in time I would say "O'hell yeah" but at the when I was over taking I really didn't feel the car was hitting at 130mph. You can ask my mate "Thomas" as he drove it too.

Pros: It just Cruises all day long. 0-60mph, Sub 6 seconds!  Top 155mph+

Cons: Too smooth.  You don't really feel the danger of speed on this thing.

Accessories:
Safety:
Snow/Ice:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

A Sleeper In Every Sense Of The Word. Faster Than Many Cars On The Road Today, Better Looking Too. —

The B7 Audi S4 Avant is a much sought after vehicle in today's used car market. It's combination of power and utility is unmatched by most new vehicles and in my opinion it looks much better than all the sporty CUV's out there. You can run errands in it all day long, utilizing the 59 cu ft of cargo space with the seats down or 27.8 cu ft with the seats up. When you're done hauling people and cargo, you can haul ass on long stretches of highway, curvy canyon roads or even the track if you so desire. In stock form this wagon has performance capabilities that put many coupes to shame and there's always the option to go down the aftermarket rabbit hole. I chose to make some minor handling upgrades, replacing the control arms, tie rod ends, upgrading to performance brake pads and adding stainless steel braided brake lines. The only other addition I made was an APR cold air intake to allow the engine to breathe easier, always a plus for a big V8. Inside the car feels new, the Nappa Silk Leather has held up very well, I've treated it regularly with Leather Honey which keeps this premium hide soft and supple. There is no fading anywhere on the dash, all plastics look new and buttons function properly. The interior is a really nice place to be for an extended amount of time, comfortable, quiet and well thought out. These cars were built to last and to be enjoyed on the Autobahn or just running to the market. It is the hot rod family hauler that anyone will enjoy, whether are hardcore driving enthusaist or just someone who enjoys having a bit more power than the average car. The B7 S4 Avant does not disappoint and will make you wonder why Audi stopped bringing such a great car to the US.

Pros: 340hp V8 pulls strong and sounds wonderful, Recaro seats are very comfortable on long drives and the Nappa Silk Leather is in excellent condition. Looks better than the B7 S4 sedan, handles just as well but adds cargo capacity.

Cons: Fuel economy is what you'd expect from a 4.2L V8, rear sear legroom not great if driver and passenger have seats scooted back.

2006 Audi S4 Avant BaseReview
Overall:

Performance Family Wagon — I fell in love with this car when I first heard it start up. The V8 just sounds so right! At all speeds and all revs that V8 soundtrack hums away in the background, tempting you to use it. The car looks very innocent, no more aggressive than a 2 litre TDI with S-line trim, but once you let it rip it can draw in the horizons frighteningly fast! Handling and poise on all road types and in the dry or the rain are exceptional, the car just feels glued to the road. Having now owned it 6 months and put 15,000 miles on it I can happily say that I still grin every time I get in it! I had to do a mad rush in Italy to try to catch a flight last month and saw some serious speeds on the clock. I have never felt so safe and in control in a car at 130 + miles an hour! Haven't found the limiter yet, but there is no doubt it's easy to reach and the car is more than capable of it. "Vorsprung Durch Technk" as they say in Germany.

Pros: Fantastic car. Seriously fast but can also do the shopping run, haul boat stuff and carry 4 adults in reasonable comfort. The handling is razor sharp, if feels glued to the road at all speeds but is still surprisingly comfortable for long distances, unlike some other cars like the M3. It's also a bit low profile, from most angles there is nothing to give away the fact that its a serious performance car>

Cons: A bit thirsty on the fuel especially on short runs around town where it only returns about 20 / gal.

Displaying all 10 2006 Audi S4 Avant reviews.

2008 Audi S4 Avant Reviews

One Of The Best I Have Ever Owned Or Driven By Bendan

The Best all around package on the market today. Great response, practical and a lot of fun to drive...and do not under-estimate it's capabilities. I have put 170,000Km on my 2005 without any problems... Read More

Want Hatch With No Big Back?????? By Jarad

If you want a sport sedan but need the space to bring nessesseties, then the Audi S4 avant is perfect for you. This one has the bigger engine with sports wheels and tires. The handling is subline, ... Read More

2007 Audi S4 Avant Reviews

Perfect Mix Of Sport And Daily Living By pfh777

This is my fourth Audi - I've had the allroad (2003, A6 base), A4, S4 Cabriolet and now the S4 Avant. I liked the S4 Cab so much that I wanted the Avant on the same platform. I was looking for a wag... Read More

Cars compared to 2006 Audi S4 AvantPeople researching a 2006 Audi S4 Avant contacted a dealer about

S4 Avant

Looking for a Used S4 Avant in your area?

CarGurus has 8 nationwide S4 Avant listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Have you driven a 2006 Audi S4 Avant?