2003 Toyota Tacoma User Reviews

2003 Toyota Tacoma Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2003 Toyota Tacoma against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2003 Toyota Tacoma vs:

Have you driven a 2003 Toyota Tacoma?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 26 2003 Toyota Tacoma reviews.

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr V6 4WD Crew Cab SB Review
    Snow/Ice:
    Overall:

Excellent Daily Driver And Fun Off Roader — It was a good truck i always got compliments. The exhaust the previous owner put on it was a bit much but other than that the truck was probably one of my favorite vehicles. Tacoma's are awesome. That is all.

Pros: off roading, nice interior was nice and comfotable, very roomy for being a small truck. Very reliable

Cons: bad gas mileage.

Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 25,842 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,490.

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD 4WD Extended Cab LB Review
    Overall:

2003 Toyota Tacoma 3" Lift, Supercharged, All Terrain Tires. — I love everything about this truck except that its not ideal for 4 passengers, i would love to get a 4 door toyota tacoma someday. This truck is great for snow, ice, mud, off roading, and driving to a from work or school.

Pros: Great in the snow and mud, supercharger gives that little extra power to get things done.

Cons: two doors, not alot of cab room.

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr Prerunner V6 Crew Cab SB Review
    Overall:

Outstanding Purchase — Can't really find anything of significance. It has been a reliable truck that has fulfilled my needs. It always receives compliments on how good it looks. I like the round wheel wells as they aren't angled like the models are today.

Pros: This midsize truck has met all the demands I have put on it  and has never let me down. The Michelin tires were good for 105k miles before needing replacement. Shocks were swapped at 145k. Exterior paint still looks good eventhough parked outside garage since 2004. Regular maintenance is very minor.

Cons: The big exhaust pipe (10 inch diameter) growl was overbearing on long trips. Dashboard clock is poorly positioned. The cargo rings in corners of truck bed have rusted but still will function as new.

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab LB Review
    Overall:

Ever Hear Of Synyrd's "nuthin' Fancy"? — Great looking truck with no frills. Has old fashion roll up windows, 5 speed manual and a rear slider, 4wd and 2.7l engine. Love the truck but am thinking of selling to obtain a Tacoma double cab with manual transmission for wen my pup like to travel along with me and my wife.

Pros: This truck takes me everywhere I go and I do a lot of huninting. I have pulled out 3 full sized vehicles that have been stuck with my lil' taco in 4wheel low. Had full sized elk whole in the bed on two occassions, plus it looks great!

Cons: Think they could do a little better with the mpg on these trucks. This has the 2.7l and it does have oversized tires...the good news is I'm going nowhere fast so I don't get tickets! Seriously, I love the truck!

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD Extended Cab LB Review
    Overall:

Best Little Truck You Will Ever Buy — Reliable--but what else would you expect from Toyota. New tires. Less than 6k on the tires. I wouldn't two a big boat behind this truck, but I've moved a trailer full of heavy funiture a couple hundred miles with no issues.

Pros: Reliable

Cons: Can't think of any

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD Extended Cab LB Review
    Overall:

Great Little Truck — One of the best Cars/Trucks I've owned. Good gas milage--very zippy. More power than you would expect from a 4cy. Gas milage is decent--somewhere between 20-23. Little rust on the bumper, seems to be a common problem

Pros: Very dependable--and powerfull for a 4-cy

Cons: small back seat--

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr V6 4WD Crew Cab SB Review
    Overall:

Very Good Practical Vehicle — Very good looking Tacoma with Forest Green paint ! This truck has new front brake rotors & pads along with new timing chain and water pump. There has also been a brand new Emergency Brake installed with all Toyota parts. This is a 6 cylander engine with a lot of power over the road or in 4 Wheel drive !

Pros: Good Strong Tacoma Pickup with Trailer hitch.  There is also a "Remote Starter" installed which comes in handy on those cold mornings !  Good Tires all around ...

Cons: The Bed has had it share of scratches, but I was going to get a bedliner or have it rubber coated and then this wouldn't be an issue.

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD 4WD Extended Cab LB Review
    Overall:

Awesome — Great Truck! Recommend to anyone for any purpose. I would suggest that anyone buying new should get the four door and long bed. Unbeatable in the winter. I'm only trading mine because I don't really use it as a truck anymore and need an SUV.

Pros: Reliable, Great Winter Vehicle, Cheap to Fix

Cons: fuel economy, engine noise

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr Prerunner Crew Cab SB Review
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Buy One, — Prefect reliability so far, 7 years and 110,000 miles. never left me on the side of the road. Tows reasonably well, the only issues towing is could use a little more power. Typical toyota computer though. if you go from beach to mountains. Once you get there best thing to do is disconnect battery both sides and touch the cables together for 30 seconds. resets computer to default. Otherwise it takes about 3 days to learn. Gets most of the performance back.

Pros: its paid for

Cons: none

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr V6 4WD Extended Cab LB Review
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Noce — good car, great feel on the pedal and clutch and rugged body but it's a rough ride when it's empty, fill it with 1000 lbs of stuff and it rides like a Lexus. Arm rests are brutal but seat is comfortable.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: awesome

Cons: economy

Displaying 1 - 10 of 26 2003 Toyota Tacoma reviews.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Awesome Truck By Carolinacoach33

I love Toyota Tacoma trucks. This is the second one I have owned and both were very reliable. You may pay more for it but in the long run you will come out being better off because they last so long a... Read More

2014 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

There Is A Reason Tacomas Hold Their Value By Tacosell

This is my third Tacoma and the best one yet. I was going to wait for the 2016 redesign but there are too many changes and a first year model needs to be beta tested. Maybe a lease would work but I wo... Read More

Americans Want Bigger Economy Trucks To The Point There Is No Longer Economy Trucks That Get 30 Mpg By pickupman

It's like riding on a cloud compared to my 94 Toyota pickup that I still have. When I heard they wasn't making a 2015 Toyota with a regular cab, I went to the dealer and actually got a nice price on a... Read More

2013 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Toyota Reliability In An Impressive, Powerful Truck Package. By bidawi

The Toyota Tacoma TRD has the power, beefed up brakes and shocks to tackle any rough terrain. On city roads, it drives and handles with aplomb. Long drives on freeways and country roads are surprising... Read More

Excellent Little Truck By MrOstrich

A nice looking vehicle that can carry moderate loads. Comfortable and practical interior. Good road handling manners. Weak 4-cylinder engine - have to really push it at highway speeds. Recently purcha... Read More

2012 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Big Red. It May Be A Little Truck But It Is Tough. By nmortenson

I love that we can fill up the truck and go for drives and not have to worry about going into debt filling it up. It is comfortable and has perfect handling to go on any kind of road. We use it to pul... Read More

Impressions On Downsizing Trucks. By ptronsgard

I love the maneuverability and outstanding traction in snow. This truck does better than my 4WD GMC 2500 in deep snow. I used my Tacoma to get my GMC out from being hung up last winter. My wife even e... Read More

2011 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

I Love This Truck. By Leigh11235813

The only things I don't like about this truck are very minor. It would be nice to have a light in the glove box. It would be nice to have intermittent wipers. Other than that this truck served my p... Read More

Amazing, Incredible, Best Buy, Holds Value! By Jshaw405

It is an incredible vehicle. I love Tacoma's, can't say it enough! I have taken this off road, on road, on snow, on ice, on wet roads, it performs great! Make sure and get the truck bed cover, comes i... Read More

Cars compared to 2003 Toyota TacomaPeople researching a 2003 Toyota Tacoma contacted a dealer about

Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 25,842 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,490.

Have you driven a 2003 Toyota Tacoma?
    Rank your car →