2012 Chevrolet Malibu User Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Malibu Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2012 Chevrolet Malibu against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu vs:

Have you driven a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu?

Displaying all 10 2012 Chevrolet Malibu reviews.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu Review
    says:
    The Malibu is classy good looking and an eye catcher. The main fault in my opinion is the handling. Not firm loose. In todays society. The roads are packed. I want to be incontroll. I want to feel the firm ride. I feel Ford. Is the car. My father owns a 2005 F-350. Still smooth. Quality!!!
    Handling Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "As mentioned firm steering. I really like that."
    Front Seats Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "Im disabled from Rhematoid Arthitis. Constant aches pains. The fusion felt nice sitting there. Just right!!! I wasnt tiered when the test drive was over."
    Back Seats Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "Not much difference. I liked the Ford design on the upostery."
    Cargo Capacity Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "As far as detail. The fusion looks classier sharper. All accessories are in clear veiw. The car is my favorite color. My stamp of approval."
    Family Car Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "Its just a better looking handing car. Plenty of extras to make things easygoing for me. I definitely would be proud to own the Ford Fusion."
    Value Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "Features are similar. Again I feel safe in this car. My family has had good experiences with Ford. My Mother just bought a 16 escape. Ford. Before that a Mecury Grand Marquees. Ford inc. Quality vehicles."
    Would Buy Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion better.
    "More attractive, firm comfortable seating. I feel the name speaks for itself. FORD TOUGH!"
    Malibu

Looking for a Used Malibu in your area?

CarGurus has 65,368 nationwide Malibu listings starting at $695.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu Review
    says:
    Value Ranked 2012 Hyundai Sonata worse.
    "comfort, reliability and style"
    Would Buy Ranked 2012 Hyundai Sonata worse.
    "fuel efficiency, comfort, reliability and style"
    Accessories:
    Snow/Ice:
    Visibility:
    Warranty:
    Overall:

Was Nice For A Year, Materials Started Wearing Excessively — I don't like that it's a Chevy, it's been the first Chevrolet I've owned and have had some problems with the electric power steering (seems to be very touchy) and chevrolet has been recalling too many vehicles, including my own to really feel safe in their product.

Pros: Excellent styling, handling, and braking

Cons: Materials seem cheap, and overall feel of the car seems artificial in some sense.

Overall:

Good Family Car — I was very surprised by the amount of room the car had between the interior, and the fold down rear seats and large trunk. Overal I'm very happy with the car, but wish that there was a higher mpg. Yes there are newer styles, but with the chrome on the wheels, it's a good looking car.

Pros: Comfortable to drive.  Reliable.  The price was great.

Cons: The fuel economy is nothing as promised. It's ok, but with 24 mpg average, with 90% of my driving on the freeway, it's probably the only dissappointing thing about the car.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS Review
    Overall:

Radical Ride — The Chevrolet Malibu LS is a great vehicle to own. It is a very reliable sporty family vehicle that is spacious and comfortable to drive. I like that it has On Star and Sirius XM Radio. very spacious trunk and back sit. Enjoy all the hands free amenities that is available.

Pros: Great body Style, interior and exterior is a plus. Drives/starts smooth with no hesitation.  Great car overall fully loaded especially the sunroof and sirius xm radio.

Cons: N/A

2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet Review
    Overall:

Great Family Sedan For Short And Long Distance Trips — This is a good looking car that serves the needs of a family with growing teenagers and comfort for Dad on short and long trips while being extremely inexpensive but not looking like it is. I feel safe and secure driving this car.

Pros: Nice looks.  Comfortable ride, especially on long distances.  Easy to drive.  Plenty of room.

Cons: Doesn't accelerate that fast.  Wish it got slightly better gas mileage.  A tad heavy.

Overall:

Stylish, Affordable And Great Mpg! — Vehicle is very comfortable and stylish. 4 cyliders still delivers decent power. Two tone leather is not like traditional leather where you stick to it or are freezing in the winter. Satellite radio is a must have. Back seats are comfortable ( i am 6'4")

Pros: 4 cylinder engine offers great fuel economy

Cons: poor view out of rear window

2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS Review
    Overall:

Far And Away The Best Bang For The Buck In A Slightly Used American Car. — I have researched this Malibu along with the Accord, Altima/Maxima (which I owned - great car) and the Toyota Avalon and the Ford Taurus. This came out the clear winner in terms of what you get for what you pay. I've been thoroughly pleased with this car from day one and have never looked back. We'll be needing two more cars soon as my wife gets ready to trade hers and our daughters comes of ddrivng age. What do you think I'm going to steer them?

Pros: Good styling.  Comforatable.  Controls logically laid out.

Cons: None that I can really think of.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ Review
    Overall:

Malibu Great Commute And Family Car With Sporty Flare — The looks and styling are great for this vehicle. Comfort is great for front seat passengers with the power seat options. Build fit and finish is excellent even with the abundance of plastics in the interior materials. The car is solid and sounds like quality when shutting doors, well insulated for a quiet ride. Gas mileage is average around 23mpg combination driving. Highway driving nets less than 30mpg. All in all this is a good drive, ride, and handling packaged car ... I enjoy all of it. No warranty issues at all and a minor recall repair on the braking control system.. no down time. Will buy next generation Malibu with turbo 4 cylinder.

Pros: Excellent styling, handling, and overall value.

Cons: 4 cylinder is not over powered.

2012 Chevrolet Malibu LT Review
    Snow/Ice:
    Visibility:
    Warranty:
    Overall:

I Love It..!! I Would So Get Another One..!! — My Hummingbird. Not A Flaw In Her, Amazing Car. My Lil 4-Banger Has Plenty Up & Go. Gas Mileage Is Immaculate. I Love Driving Elle Around Town or On The Open Road, I Know Myself & My Family Are Safe. I Love My Car..!!

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Displaying all 10 2012 Chevrolet Malibu reviews.

2015 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews

All Around Great Vehicle By nbrotsch

Chevy did not do a great job with the redesign of the Malibu. Its a vehicle that is just there. Its not there to get everyone head turning. but you have a great powered vehicle with great gas mileage ... Read More

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews

Great Mid Sized Car With Good Power And Excelent Gas Millage By chevy3359

I like that the car has automatic stop when I am stopped for awhile that really helps on the gas. I like that it has automatic start for the cold winters. I also like the 2 year worry free maintenance... Read More

Torque !!! By Rich

Very good looking car and great performance. Quick through the turns and fun on the highway. Not exactly a family car, who needs a baby with whiplash ?!? Hidden compartment really isnt hidden anymore ... Read More

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews

My Malibu By bobadams79

This is the 2nd Malibu I have owned and have had great luck with them. I would like a little bigger back seats and higher fuel. But, everyone wants higher gas mileage. The Malibu is a safe car as well... Read More

Great Color And Fuel Economy By bearball

just purchased. so far no issues as this was purchased for my son to get back and forth to work. his ride from trenton nj and back to home(south plainfield) as well as to bayonne nj a few times a week... Read More

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews

Simple Commuter Vehicle By tdv0991

This is a great car, and i think it looks very nice also. The interior is simple, and a little bland. The overall ride quality is great, very smooth on long trips and tons of cargo space. I would reco... Read More

Nice Car By Pat

Nice car, needs more trunk space. Power is great for passing and speeding up on interstate. Braking is great. I realy like this car. Wonderful on short trips. Longer trips is short on luggage space. W... Read More

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews

2010 Malibu Review By SgtKidJoe

I really like my Malibu, I just wish it wasn't so low to the ground. This makes it very difficult for me to get in and out with a bad knee and back. Car drives great, is easy to take care of, and pret... Read More

Grocery Getter On Steroids By Tracer213

Overall really like the car, got all the bells and whistles. Would like a navigation screen versus Onstar. Love the leather Alcantara, great A/C and heat both amazingly fast to heat up or cool down. N... Read More

Cars compared to 2012 Chevrolet MalibuPeople researching a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu contacted a dealer about

Malibu

Looking for a Used Malibu in your area?

CarGurus has 65,368 nationwide Malibu listings starting at $695.

Have you driven a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu?