2010 Kia Soul User Reviews

2010 Kia Soul Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2010 Kia Soul against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2010 Kia Soul vs:

Have you driven a 2010 Kia Soul?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 45 2010 Kia Soul reviews.

Overall:

It Has Been Providing A Great Deal Of Value For The Low Cost — This car has been very reliable and I have always felt safe in it at all times. I have gotten more than my moneys worth compared to other cars in the market. The South Korean manufacturers have come a long long way in the last 15 years or so from building cheap cars to now building reliable, quality automobiles... I would not hesitate to buy Kia again or to recommend them to friends + family.

Pros: Own this car for 5 years now and it still amazes me how much headroom, legroom,
    and spaciousness this interior has in a compact car.....also upkeep and maintenance has been much lower than I expected, just routine oil changes....

Cons: I did expect gas mileage to be a little better than i've gotten, but it could have been worse.

Soul

Looking for a Used Soul in your area?

CarGurus has 28,368 nationwide Soul listings starting at $3,495.

Long Trips:
    Parking:
    Snow/Ice:
    Overall:

I Love This Car But It Has Its Downfalls — Fuel Economy is excellent. I drive this car from Branson to Springfield for work daily four to five days a week. I fill up on Monday and the gas lasts until the following Monday. For as small as it looks it hauls a lot! We bought a 60" screen TV and a wooden stand for it to fit on and both fit in the Soul with room to spare. The sound system is AWESOME! Many people have asked if the system was in the car when we bought it or if we had someone put it in for us, then we we tell them it was a factory system they do not believe us! If you have a family of more than 2 1/2 children there is no room for them to sit! We have four children and we can fit one older child on one side, one older child on the other side, and a car seat in the middle. That is the full extent of the space we have, leaving one child at home since there is no where for them to sit. If you live in an area where it rains then freezes or snows you are SOL if you need to go up even the smallest of hills. Where we live there are small hills and when it snows or gets icy the car refuses to move.

Pros: Fuel Economy is excellent!
    Very Spacious with the seats folded down.
    Great sound system.

Cons: With children there is very little room for more than two older and one baby.
    Does not do very well in winter weather, even with stability control.

2010 Kia Soul ! Review
    Overall:

Excellent Value — I love this car. Reliable, practical and economical. It has 95k miles now and only routine maintenance. i would recommend this vehicle to anyone. excellent traction control in central new york winters. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Pros: The most reliable car I have ever owned.  I have owned many, Ford, Dodge and Saturn

Cons: None

2010 Kia Soul Shadow Dragon Special Edition Review
    Overall:

Reliable Commuter And Family Car — I drive over 30k miles per year and this car has never let me down.. proper care and maintenance and it just keeps going. about 29mpg with my heavy right foot. good looks, good audio, comfortable, No real complains, I have been complemented for the dragon designs many times.

Pros: Never breaks down... never

Cons: non

2010 Kia Soul Sport Review
    Overall:

Involuntary Acceleration/engine Lurching. My Foot Was Buried Trying To Brake/stop! — My 2010 KIA SOUL which we bought from the dealer fully reconditioned used (one year ago), took off from a dead stop at a stop light with my foot on the brake when I began to release the brake to move forward. I was a car length behind the pickup in front of me and my KIA Soul jetted SO FAST, it shook and made this high pitched screaming sound, on it's own that it "slammed forward" into the pickup in front of me. After impact, I couldn't stop the car from continuing to push into the pickup which pushed into the car in front of him and that one into the next car in front, but when I slammed "my KIA" transmission into PARK, it continued to push and I could only get it to stop by turning off the key! The RPM's were as high as they could go on the dial and so was the speedometer, they were buried on the dial. I've never had a ticket or an accident and I am a very responsible and honorable working citizen and wife and mother of 42 years. I was merely in town, one mile from home, driving to my mother's house. The traffic was extremely heavy and none of us were going over 35 MPH in a 40 MPH zone when we slowed and stopped for a light after a long and slow drive down a hill. I was about the 10th car in a row from the light with stopped traffic behind and in front of me. The impact caused severe seatbelt bruising and my left foot hit the brake pedal which I was trying to "BRAKE" and also my left foot (which had been comfortably resting) hit the ridge of the fender well on the floorboard where you can rest your left foot on. My foot has some issues but it is not broken. I also have sinus infection from the chemicals of the airbag. NO ONE came to my aid but to the others. I got myself out of my car and ran to the others apologizing and showing great concern for all others involved. No one else was hurt badly. I had (and still have) full coverage insurance however not PIP coverage on me (at the time but I do NOW) and my Drs offices' are scared to treat me even though I have confirmation from my Blue X Blue Shield that they will in fact cover the medical costs since I did not have PIP insurance for myself at the time. (My injuries are all still pending since the accident was recent on July 20th (2013) and it is now Aug 12th, 2013). I also have muscle separation from the seatbelt (thank heavens it works!) and hemotoma. I have been treated at an urgency care clinic recently but in another state since I was destined for a trip 6 days after the accident anyway. My insurance co., has totaled the KIA since it has massive front end damage including the engine was pushed into the firewall and the frame of the car was bent and cannot be repaired however they cannot "completely" payoff the loan so I am stuck with the remaining cost of the loan. I WILL NOT be purchasing ANY KIA at all in the future, of any size and model even though I loved my KIA for around town and it saved alot on gas but not it didn't get what it said it would get. It got 20-22 MPG around town. I never took it out of town. I will stick with an American made car and one that is big and trustworthy! We own a Chrysler Pacifica for a second car, at least it is reliable and that is what I will drive for now, the heck with trying to save a few bucks for mileage! I have contacted the KIA dealership and they said without them researching the problem of which someone would have to pay for the tow and "pay" for them to do the research, they would not be able to help me!!!!! GEEE...do you think they might find a problem with their car??? I doubt it! Obviously the Insurance company owns the car now! Sandy

Pros: It was beautiful and fun to drive until it decided it have a mind of it's own!

Cons: INVOLUNTARY ACCELERATION and BRAKES DIDN"T STOP THE CAR when I needed them! See pictures. Lurching when I approached a stop with my foot on the brake. Also, when the accident occurred, it didn't stop pushing with my foot on the brake and I shoved the transmission into PARK!  I had to turn off the key to stop the KIA from advancing forward and pushing into the vehicles in front of me while all of us were at a stop light in town!

2010 Kia Soul Denim Special Edition Review
    Accessories:
    Daily Commute:
    Long Trips:
    Parking:
    Safety:
    Warranty:
    Overall:

This Is A Great Looking Sporty Dependable Mid Size Fun Car , — Nothing really, but for those looking for a muscle car this is not one, It is a great car for a smaller family, Space is limited for hauling. I like a bigger engine, and a bit more cargo space. All wheel drive.

Pros: This car is an attractive blue color with the sporty stripe that is very eye catching. It has more room than a sedan and I like the larger tires. The height if this car is very nice. The extras-Sunroof, audio upgrade package, foglights and other accessories makes it feel complete, Topping it off with a 9.4 safety rating and 6 air bags, it is good to go! The gas mileage is average 28/31.  The 10 year warranty is excellent!

Cons: A bigger engine would be nice

Overall:

Love It. — Love the stereo set up- bluetooth and Sirius. Light up speakers, super roomy all the way through. When you ride in the back seat- it's like riding in a limo. Love how the seats fold down. Love my manual transmission, it's a pretty quick little car... but not off the line. The trunk area could use more light.

Pros: Good all the way around.

Cons: Stereo is not loud enough, decent sound though.

2010 Kia Soul Denim Special Edition Review
    Overall:

Sporty,fun To Drive, Dependable Car — This car is a fun ride and great gas mileage, I like the 18 inch tires, that makes it seem bigger and more midsize. It has done well in 2 snowy winters already. Safety of this car is also a plus!

Pros: This car is stylish and sleek, love the exterior and interior look. It is roomy compare to most sedans and is higher off the ground which I like. I have the limited edition so it has all the upgrades. Gas mileage is great, I get 29/30 most of the time, and that's driving in the small town of Bend, It has gone through two winters without snow tires and does fine. I have not had any problems at all with this car. It has a high safety rating and 6 air bags.

Cons: It does have a blind spot...for all that this car says it is, it is best that you realize that it is a practical car, not an suv 4 wheel drive, but a wagon/hatchback front wheel drive-which sometimes can be misconstrued. I like this car very much.

Overall:

Nice!! — Great price looks and reliability. Fun to drive cheap on gas. This is my commuter car I went from $65 fill ups to $35 fill ups and get about 300+ miles per tank. After a few add-ons (rims wing, HID head lights etc.) this is a cool little car.

Pros: Great on Gas and very reliable

Cons: You feel every little bump

2010 Kia Soul Review
    Overall:

Great Car With Less Than Stellar Looks! — Acceleration is fair at best, but maintaining speed is a breeze. Braking is great, I drive without snows and its quite reasonable in the winter weather. Other than a minor issue with the immobilization package the car serves me well. Later models have improved the interior, the one I drive was one of the first I saw. Fuel mileage is moderate, overall I get about 9.5k/liter.

Pros: Bluetooth is a great feature as I drive it for work purposes.

Cons: Not overly fond of the body styling, but its a function rather than looks vehicle

Displaying 1 - 10 of 45 2010 Kia Soul reviews.

2013 Kia Soul Reviews

Soul By Andrea

Good Car, Great warranty. Speedy and great handling. Lots of space for hauling with the seat folded down. Great sound system and good features. MPG could be better, but them the price would go up. The... Read More

Kia Soul, Great Fun Car To Dirve By basehack

This care has been a very good car to own/lease. It's low cost and simple operation make it a very nice car. It gets great gas millage and has good visibility for driving. It drives bigger than it is.... Read More

2012 Kia Soul Reviews

I Really Like The Soul, Its A Really Fun Car To Drive. By snuggabear69

I love the look of the Soul its sporty and compact, not to mention the seats are very comfortable and supportive. Maintenance cost has been very low because the only time its been to the dealer was fo... Read More

Fun To Drive, Reliable Transportation, Roomy Inside, Lots Of Features. By jili

Overall, this is a great car and I hope I can afford another one someday. It is easy to park, very roomy inside. Feels like a mini-SUV. Plenty of head room, seats are upright, rather than slouched ... Read More

2011 Kia Soul Reviews

Good By chillican

cheap. i dislike the car but simply because its not me. Its been a great car and served it's purpose-a quick pay off to give to my daughters and to save money in the meantime on fuel and payment. as m... Read More

Cool, Fast Little Car With Decent M.p.g. Better When Purchased Used, Save Thousands. By migration_ftac

Overall, this vehicle met my expectations. Brand new cost for the intermediate model was a little steep. I would like to see it in an awd drive model. They'd sell out if available in awd.Very fast veh... Read More

Cars compared to 2010 Kia SoulPeople researching a 2010 Kia Soul contacted a dealer about

Soul

Looking for a Used Soul in your area?

CarGurus has 28,368 nationwide Soul listings starting at $3,495.

Have you driven a 2010 Kia Soul?
    Rank your car →