2007 Dodge Caliber User Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2007 Dodge Caliber against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2007 Dodge Caliber vs:

Have you driven a 2007 Dodge Caliber?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 80 2007 Dodge Caliber reviews.

Parking:
    Overall:

Really Good, No Complaints. — I love this car. The leg room is outstanding for a compact. the seats fold down for storage that is roomy, the CVT transmition makes it fuel efficient, and the stereo system in it stock is fantastic. The ride is smooth, and the control is very respondent. There are plenty of bells and whistles in the standard model (refrigerator, thermometer, satellite radio, Aux port, AC plug) (AC plugs are the plugs that you use to plug in electronics at your house). The car is great. The only part about this car is this version does not go fast ( 0-60 in around 8 sec) its not bad but the srt4 version is the sports version, nit the sxt, I just want to point that out.

Pros: I like the look of the car, It has that dodge look to it. The seats are comfortable and super adjustable. The suspension is amazing, you only feel big bumps, but tight enough for a safe feeling ride.

Cons: If you want a fast car get the srt4, this car is fast but the cvt transmission has it's limits. good for family car. just not that fast (0-60 is 8 sec. to 12. depends on car itself and year)

Caliber

Looking for a Used Caliber in your area?

CarGurus has 3,350 nationwide Caliber listings starting at $1,995.

2007 Dodge Caliber Review
    says:
    During a two week business trip, the rental car company only had this vehicle available and I was thrilled to try it out. That thrill quickly turned to disappointment. Very cheap plastic all around, loud engine and road noise, and poor handling. After a week, I asked to exchange this car and was given a Dodge Caravan. It was like a breath of fresh air. You know a car is bad when a minivan makes it look like crap by comparison.
    Handling Ranked 2007 Honda CR-V better.
    "The CR-V has a superior suspension system compared to the Caliber. The Caliber seemed like it would tip over in turns."
    Would Buy Ranked 2007 Honda CR-V better.
    "Better quality, comfort, and ride characteristics."
    Overall:

A Great Car Overall — I have the SXT model with 4 cylinder 2.0. There are no complaints at this time :) The car is great on gas, plenty of cargo space, neat extras like a beverage chiller, Boston Acoustics 9-speaker system, Sirius satellite radio, sliding sunroof, and adjustable sliding arm rest. The ride is comfortable.

Pros: Cargo space, good fuel economy, comfortable ride,

Cons: The drone noise of the CVT takes getting used to

Overall:

Overall Very Good Car — Bought car used and has been great. Had some front issues with ball joints, but once replaced everything has been great. Very cheap to repair and no major issues. Overall like the car and good value for what we could afford.

Pros: Great car so far.

Cons: Had to change the ball joints at 40K, but other than that very good.

Overall:

Its A 10 — My first car and ive been impressed ill deffinantly always do buisness with dodge it get you from a to b and will never let you down good on gas great first car or work car ill give it a 10

Pros: Dependable

Cons: Not enough room for me

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD Review
    Visibility:
    Warranty:
    Weight:
    Overall:

This Car Has A Lot To Offer. — I bought this car as a first car for my daughter and it was a perfect fit. Easy to drive, easy to park and loaded with a lot of features. The all wheel drive gave her more confidence when driving in the snow. The front and side airbags let me breathe a little easier when she was out driving to school, work or just around with her friends. Perfect car for a new driver or someone looking to downsize.

Pros: Safety features, looks, options, handling, 8 speaker sound system, remote start, all wheel drive and a lot more.

Cons: Small rear side windows.

2007 Dodge Caliber SE Review
    Interior Noise:
    Visibility:
    Overall:

Don't Be Fooled By It's Exterior Looks... Like I Was! — I had to, finally, give up my loved Explorer, when we had a lot of issues fall in our lap at once. My husband fell off a roof and broke his leg at work, so his car was in another city, while mine was in the shop. We live far from town, and were left without a vehicle, so we had to get one quickly. Went to a local dealer, automatically loved the appearance of the Caliber... it is one nice looking car. The interior was pretty basic, but I could live with that. On day two of owning the vehicle, it overheated, and we found that a main hose to the radiator looked as if it had been sliced in two. The hose was nowhere in stock in our state. Finally got one from out of state (after the dealer checked his other in stock Caliber and found the same issue), only to find out the entire radiator kit had to be purchased to replace the hose. While replacing that, the transmission hose snapped off into repairman's hand... not a good sign! They ordered part, replaced next day... after they were working on various other issues (horn, airbag, etc.) we got the car back for a weekend trip to visit family a couple hours away. On the drive home, the temperature light came on and the car lost all power, at first refusing to accelerate, then losing speed to the point that I could no longer drive. Two hour drive took us seven, still didn't make it home in the Caliber. It had to be towed to the shop. Shop told us today that the Transmission O Rings are leaking... we lost all of our transmission fluid... I really loved the vehicle for the first few hours, and now I hate it! I do not even want to retrieve it from the shop!!! I will never, ever consider another Dodge vehicle as long as I live!!!

Pros: stylish exterior, decent gas mileage

Cons: Expensive problem after expensive problem!  TIPM (main fuse connection over $1K price alone)  Finding parts, parts expensive

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T Review
    Overall:

Dont Buy A Dodge. — Every 7-8 months something is wrong with the car. Always things that other cars never or rarely need a replacement. It really isnt worth the stress and hassle. I would buy anoter car from some other brand stay away from Dodge.

Pros: Sound system

Cons: Everything else.

Battery Life:
    Overall:

Looks Posh, But No Poof — Have squeeky brakes since new, agents say its brake dust........they clean it, ok for month or so and squeek is back, dont seem to have permanent solution. Damn irritating!! Only drive on roads...not off road. Sometimes there's no squeek....intermittent problem, even slowing down and turning left, no foot on brake will sometimes also squeek, tired of having cleaned, maybe should replace brakes and see how it goes. Multifunction control had to be replaced after just 19000km and R2000 later, spares in S.A overpriced!!!

Pros: Spacious, leather, styling,sound system,alloys,comfy...generally nice cross-over looks.

Cons: Not very economical

Overall:

Started Out Fantastic And Still Is — I have owned this car for about 3 months now and it has been fantastic, no complaints about performance except power. And the gas mileage is fantastic. avg 29-30 mpg. Love this car inside and out. I'm always thinking of adding a turbo into the engine however that is just me wanting to experiment. For my age at 20 years old in school and my current pay from my job, this car is extremely practical and will only let go of it if I have to.

Pros: Gas mileage, good price, reliability, decent cargo capacity, looks beauitiful. Practical.

Cons: lack of power... But in all fairness, what else should you expect from an I4 engine w/o turbo? Also can't fit my bike through the back door

Displaying 1 - 10 of 80 2007 Dodge Caliber reviews.

2011 Dodge Caliber Reviews

Sport, Compact, Great For The Price By mamandrade

I enjoy driving this car around town, great on gas, easy to park, shift on the fly when you need a little more power, comfy seats, I am a short gal, the seat and mirror adjustments fit me good. It is ... Read More

Great For A Family By KittyKat2203

I liked the gas consumption, the fact that all of use fit in it. I did not like how the front seats are close together, or how when driving up some hills it feels like I have no power what so ever. th... Read More

2010 Dodge Caliber Reviews

The Funnest Car That I Have Owned! By Jena

There seems to be a problem with the brakes lasting as well as a lot of noise from outside the car while driving. This makes it somewhat hard to hear when you are on the phone. But it handles wonderfu... Read More

Minimal Expectations Required By Ant1977

This vehicle has a bit of zip, plenty of storage room, and massive style. The road noise destroys any comfort given in the aesthetics. Driving this vehicle could be fun, if the suspension was upgrad... Read More

2009 Dodge Caliber Reviews

Great Car For Around Town And Safety And Visibility' By DodgeExpress

Handled great and was fun to drive. The improved tires added better handling in rain and especially snow. It was easy to park and had great visibility. With the fold down seats it can handle most h... Read More

Great Commuter By GFox

I bought this car originally to travel for work and less than a month later was given a company vehicle. The car sat for a year until my wife got pregnant and had to give up her 2-door Accord in lieu... Read More

2008 Dodge Caliber Reviews

Review Of Caliber 2008 By Heather

I like the color on the seats and console and cooler in glove box. I like the mp3 holder in center console, but smart phone won't fit. I don't like the power of the engine and it wears tires too ofte... Read More

Nickle And Dime You By brenda4335

I bought this car used with about 10,000 miles on it. For the first few years, it was great. Since I hit about 80,000 mile it is nickle and diming me to death. I have had to replace wheel bearings (fr... Read More

Cars compared to 2007 Dodge CaliberPeople researching a 2007 Dodge Caliber contacted a dealer about

Caliber

Looking for a Used Caliber in your area?

CarGurus has 3,350 nationwide Caliber listings starting at $1,995.

Have you driven a 2007 Dodge Caliber?
    Rank your car →