Gear stuck up on gear 3

HMRidwan2014
0

Asked by HMRidwan2014 Jul 30, 2014 at 08:14 AM about the 2005 Porsche Cayenne S

I have problem with my cayenne s 2005, the problem is gear not able to shifting or stuck
up only on gear 3.

BoholMark
21,285

Those darn things are so "complicated" your best off taking it to a transmission shop.

jamnblues
8,755

A Porsche- an incomplete question (is it an auto?)- some cryptic messages from "comets" (who has time to sit around and blog nonsense?)- and an air of unreality in Santa Fe this morning- this is the kinda day where they don't pay Gurus enough-

BoholMark
21,285

Hey J.B. Are you felling okay tonight? BTW great picture of Lucy. :-)

Michael Kane
11,285

When was the last time you had the trans seviced and how many miles are on are your Cayenne?

Michael Kane
11,285

Also if you do decide to get the transmission serviced I would take it to porsche or a good independent Porsche mechanic.

Smitty22
700

Standard Transmission?? Make sure your brake master cylinder fluid is filled. Try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder, it may have air in it. This will prevent the clutch fork from disengaging the friction disc, thus no shifting. You will need help in most cases to do this. A pressure bleeder is a huge help.

HMRidwan2014
0

Yes it is in Auto only, mostly it happen after move reverse, direct gear stuck on 3..when it happen even I put on manual it couldn't be shifting....i just have to stop and wait for an hours or more to get back normal. Last time service of gear is last year (one year already) at porsche dealer and my cayenne was 143 K..also Triptonic transmission.

Smitty22
700

Tiptronic transmissions are virtually bullet-proof. About the only thing you can do is check the fluid level. Other than that, looks like a trip to another Porsche shop is needed.

Michael Kane
11,285

Have you called porsche and checked to see if there are any updates for the transmissions CPU. It may just need a reflash.

HMRidwan2014
0

I went already to Porsche and they advice to replace whole set of gearbox, approx $ 6000 ..!! Btw, Thanks all for your sharing and keep in touch.. Regards Ridwan

BoholMark
21,285

They are part changers, not mechanics. Thy remind me of Ladys Of The Evening. They only want as much money as they can get from you.

RennsportKC
20

You are going to need a second opinion which means getting the car to a good Porsche independent shop. Be certain they have the Porsche specific software to interrogate the trans computer.