Hey i have a grand prix gtp nd i hit a curb close to 70 mph do to a tire blow out my car didnt wnna turn left or right. iv changed the lower control arm nd wheel knuckle. I ws goin to change just

jayhsv
0

Asked by jayhsv Oct 17, 2013 at 01:22 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr GTP Supercharged Coupe

The rack nd pinion but iv been told to
change my subframe.. Is there
anything i need to have looked at
steering wise ?

14,285

Before you start throwing parts on it you better have it checked out, if you went and damaged the subframe the car may be a total loss, only a body shop can tell for sure.

jayhsv
0

I have boys that works in a body shop they even told me change the huh subframe

68,705

After you get the new subframe on, have the boys check out your rack and pinion and other suspension components to align the car back to spec.

565

Tennisshoes is right, after a hit like that the car needs to go to a proper front end shop for an evaluation. There are all kinds of things that could be bent or broken. Just replacing parts willy-nilly is potentially a waste of money, The car could easily be a write off.