2009 Pontiac Solstice Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2009 Pontiac Solstice against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2009 Pontiac Solstice?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 2009 Pontiac Solstice 10 reviews.

Eddie writes:
Overall:

To many miles on the engine and transmission for the price of the cars.

Solstice

Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?

CarGurus has 390 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $5,900.

Guru9BW3DS writes:
Overall:

I owned a 2009 until 2016. I loved that car. Fun to drive, 5 speed manual GXP. Grey with 2 tone interior, premium sound system, subwoofer behind the passenger seat. I had it in Georgia for 5 years, Chicago killed it in 1. If you live in a cold climate do not make this your every day driver. You need to keep it covered, you can’t drive it in snow. In 1 year of less than 5000 miles of driving because of the weather the snow pile pulled the back window from the convertible top. Stopped the trunk, and hood from opening without assistance from a friend once I hit the switch. The seals aren’t strong enough to keep water out and the electronics started to fail. The car is fun and easy to maintain, great on gas, and the fun factor is a 10. It’s like a mini bat mobile. Just not someplace cold if you have to leave it outside. I would say u need another car. And have this garage parked or in a storage unit until the weather turns. I’m looking for another now and I won’t make that same mistake. Also look for one from a warm weather state. Check the car fax. If it’s been in a cold weather state and not garage kept buyer beware. Otherwise fun car and you will enjoy it.

Guru9NFMDG writes:
Overall:

Bad, terrible, piece of crap, both the solstice and the sky get cracked headers when you go over a crack in the sidewalk would never buy that piece of crap

Clifton writes:
Overall:

I like he Solstice which I see as a fun and affordable sporty convertible at a good price point.

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP CoupeReview
Msp727 writes:
Overall:

Great Fast Rare Car! — Great car for collecting or just having fun. Hard top is a much better looking car than soft top and rare. This car is fast too. Can't tell you the number of random comments I get from people. Super car!

Pros: Fast!

Cons: It's a two seater.

2009 Pontiac Solstice BaseReview
aubin24 writes:
Overall:

One Of A Kind — Overall I like the car nice sleek design, It is difficult to see on either side of the car blind spot, The sound system is great, The car is quick but not fast, It stop on a dine and corners very well,

Pros: Sexy styling, plentiful grip, blazing acceleration, good bang for the buck

Cons: Tiny trunk with reverse-opening lid, lack of interior storage, awkward soft-top operation, low-quality interior plastics,

2009 Pontiac Solstice CoupeReview
Steve writes:
Overall:

Super Sexy Roadster — Like the lines, the look, the wheels and quick response handling. It is well appointed on the inside and has a booming stereo. The removable hard top creates an even sexier targa look and with GM reliability, it's head and shoulders over it's much pricier competitors.

Pros: Best value in sexy little 2 seater sports car around. Ours is a limited production car. It's one of 1147 coupes Pontiac made and of those, only 142 are yellow like ours.

Cons: Should have just put in a good limited -slip rearend rather than cut the nuts off the performance with the electronic traction control. Also the two screws below the rear spoiler are unfinished looking and design engineer laziness.

rayglarg writes:
Overall:

Awesome Fun ! — Lack of any real storage is a problem, and the reason I use the car so infrequently. That is the only bad thing I can say about the Pontiac Solstice GXP Convertible. It's for fun, and it is fun. You'll see.

Pros: Great highway mpg at about 33, and around 25 for city. Lots of fun to drive. I have only driven it 6,000 miles in 28 months, but haven't had a single glitch or noticed anything wrong. I wish I could keep it, but that would give me three cars, since I need something large now.

Cons: I have to switch cars to pick up a large pizza, and I needed a smaller laptop to fit in the trunk. It's not for cross country vacations, unless you ship your things ahead. It's designed to be fun.

jaes writes:
Overall:

Fast, Fun For Two. — It was pretty fast in stock form. I have since removed about 200 lbs of body weight, added a ram air intake, had it tuned, and put a Dejon overbooster on it. Stock it had 20 lbs of boost good for a 14 second quarter mile. Now it hits 25 lbs of boost good for a 12.1 quarter mile.

Pros: With the RK racing carbon fiber hood the car weighs about 2900 lbs with me in it.

Cons: No back seat, no storage.

andrew11553 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

The Car Is A Statement Of South Florida Living, Quick And Top Down. — The car is striking with the black and chrome look. Then the price, WOW. My trade in was a '01 vet coupe that was delivered to the dealership on a flat bed truck meaning it won't drive. It had been in some accidents and had numberous problems that various dealers couldn't fix. 78000 miles,trade in value at other dealerships, Mercedes and BMW offered 8000 as highest. This dealer gave me 15,000 against the sticker.Factory options:prem. package, 5 speed auto, AC, Chrome wheels 18", Monsoon 7 speaker w/ 6 disc and jack, spoiler, custom pin stripping, door edge guards leather prrotection plan, tank of gas. I installed the luggage rack, and molded splash guards. the options alone where 4400.+ dollars.

Pros: Look, seating, convertable, price, chrome, controls simple and accessable

Cons: Plastic interior due to convertable top wherein if the rain come quick as it often does in S. Fl the interior would not be damaged.Vut, I sure that some extra care could of been given the pastic edges so as not to be so sharp.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 2009 Pontiac Solstice 10 reviews.

2008 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By Jeffb9478

Fun little car but it does show its age. A lot of old GM plastics in the interior. Read More

Review By Donald

Car is overpriced! Its really just a novelty car no storage at all and difficult to get into and out of! The 4 banger is good on gas but it only holds 12.5 gal but very sufficient for most trips! Read More

2007 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By LarryStr

The Pontiac Solstice is one of the most beautiful domestic sports cars ever. I dont own one, wish I did, but have only heard good things about the Solstice. Read More

Review By Notsmokin

This is not my first Solstice. Pontiac put together a great lil Roadster. The 2007 GXP I found through carguru was as described. Great condition and well priced. Read More

2006 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By Guru92R7FG

I love this car! It has brought me so much attention and it turns heads everywhere I go! I’m very proud of my purchase! Read More

Review By Gene

I feel the price of the car is too high in price Read More

Solstice

Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?

CarGurus has 390 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $5,900.

Have you driven a 2009 Pontiac Solstice?