2007 Toyota Prius User Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2007 Toyota Prius against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2007 Toyota Prius vs:

Have you driven a 2007 Toyota Prius?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 44 2007 Toyota Prius reviews.

2007 Toyota Prius Review
    says:
    This Car never lets us down, really good fuel economy, seating, vision, and looks good all the time! My only complaints? Only a ten gallon Gas Tank and the A/C never gets really cold, which I am told is normal for this car due to the hybrid type used!
    Power Ranked 2003 Chevrolet S-10 better.
    "Two more cylinders and and three times the displacement! Four gears in a TRANSMISSION, the Prius doesnt have a transmission!"
    Front Seats Ranked 2003 Chevrolet S-10 worse.
    "Better Bolstering, no noises when you go over bumps!"
    Value Ranked 2003 Chevrolet S-10 worse.
    "Pros: Better seating, Better visibility, Better Fuel Economy, Better handling (Will make a u-Turn INSIDE the radius of the S10!) Better brakes. Easier to park, one short car! Holds a Higher Resale value. Con: Expensive to maintain and Average A/C!"
    Would Buy Ranked 2003 Chevrolet S-10 worse.
    "NO PROBLEMS with the Prius, some problems are inherent to the S10, IT CAME THAT WAY and they will not warranty them! They just say, Oh, thats normal! Well, I have been in S10s that had their, 4.3 V6, motor rebuilt, NO IT IS NOT!!"
    Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 29,512 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,995.

Overall:

I May Just Buy The Bigger Model Since I Was So Happy With This One And I Would Also Buy The Red One. — I have owned Chevy, Ford, VW, MG, etc, and am very impressed with the Prius it is everything they promised. This car has been tested to the max by me in the snow. Since I have a very long driveway with an uphill grade snow does not make me nervous. It's a great car.

Pros: I fill up once a month, the handling is great and works very well in snow. Other than regular service I replaced the smaller battery which lasted longer than company anticipated.

Cons: Sloping roof design does not work for me. I pick up and deliver chairs and because of the sloping design it makes it difficult to load more than three.

Overall:

Awesome Car All Around Best Toyota Ever Made — Great car overall requires very little maintenance and the gas mileage. Car requires oil changes just like any other car. You don't have to plug it in the battery charges when you go down hill or just sitting at a light. The technology and research that went into this car to get it right is just astounding!!!

Pros: Amazing gas mileage on 20 bucks for a full tank!

Cons: Definitely underpowered but it is a hybrid

Overall:

I Am Considering Another Prius. — Over 219,000 miles I have replace the front brake pads and one battery (the main battery). It was out of warranty by 40,000 miles but Toyota paid for half of the battery cost and half of the labor to install it. Other than these items the car has been the best car I have ever owned.

Pros: Very reliable.

Cons: Not the best looking.

Interior Noise:
    Snow/Ice:
    Overall:

Happy. — When you really, really like your car, it's hard to be non-biased about it. The only reason I am selling my 2007 Prius is so that I can use the proceeds as a down payment on a 2014 Prius, while the resale value is high.

Pros: It has more power than it's critics say. The ride is quiet, and smooth for a mid-priced car. Highway mileage is between 50 and 62 mpg. City mileage between 40 and 50 in the summer, and between 28 and 35 in the winter. It would be better if not for all the short trips I make. Over seven years I've had no breakdowns or repairs except for a "recall" fix involving the floor mats and a water pump.

Cons: Front visibility is a little obscured due to the airbags, but I've gotten used to it. Rear visibility was a problem, but the problem was solved with the back up camera. Mileage in the winter was a little disappointing, but then, I only drive eight blocks to work so the car never really gets a chance to warm up.

Snow/Ice:
    Overall:

Love My Work Horse Of A Car! — I really enjoy the economy, reliability, and it has a great sound system for my long journeys. I have done very little in maintenance and what needed fixed was very reasonable. It is also fairly comfortable for a hybred. Lots more room than you'd expect.

Pros: This is a great car!  Reliable, not much upkeep... just super!  Great gas mileage too!!

Cons: Not a sexy car...

Overall:

Very Dependable And Fun Car To Drive And The 41.4 Overall Average Miles Per Gallon Can't Be Beat. — I really like the engine break gear when traveling over the Sierra's. When I put on the cruise control, the Prius maintains its speed even on the steepest of hills. Its aerodynamic design handles the high winds extremely well. The constant consumption and energy guidance system trained me to not jack rabbit start and stop, improving miles per gallon and making the brakes last longer.

Pros: Engine Break gear is handy and saves the brakes when on steep hills. Cruise control maintains speed on the steepest of hills.

Cons: I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Overall:

A Low-testosterone Car That's High On Fuel Economy. — It saves me money, but it's beating me to death on my 90-mile round-trip commute to work. The hatchback is great; The way the opening is shaped, I can load a lot of whatever by folding down the back seats.

Pros: economy

Cons: comfort

Overall:

Prius Is Great, Very Hi-tech, Well Designed. — I started with a Gen1, 2002 Prius with almost 300,000 miles but ran great with only the need of replacement of the OEM12 volt battery. However, the one time I had a system warning light Iite (Tiangle of Death). I took it to the dealer and they told me to they would have to replace the HV Traction battery, for almost $3500 (more than i paid for the car). Took it home and went on line, read the manuals and did my own testing. Traced problem to the 12 volt battery having low voltage and corroded connections. Used jumper battery to prove that this was the problem and it was. Replaced the 12 volt with Optima Yellow Top and never hand another problem. Have since sold that car to a friend and she loves it (once she got beyond the concern about the high mileage) and "just enjoy" the fine ride. I now have a 2007 Gen2 Prius that I am in the process of converting to Plug-in-Hybrid/EV. Steve

Pros: Well designed and reliable for such a complex system.
    There are a few independent shops in major cities that can reliably diagnose and repair the Prius.

Cons: Systems are understandably complex and beyond the repair ability of most non dealer shops/service mechanics. The dealers are frequently unable to properly diagnose problems correctly and too quick to blame problems on the most expensive Hybrid system components, ie. HV battery or power converter, etc. Owners need to become informed about the possible problems, though rear,. or find a reliable independent shops. Or subscribe to the very good Prius forums online, such as Prius Chat.

Overall:

Every One Should Own A Prius — Great handling and very safe vehicle. It drives well in all kinds of weather. Never done towing but handles well on mountain roads. I recommend as a first car as it's easy to drive and the rear camera makes for easy, bumpless parking.

Pros: I'm 6'4" and it's very comfortable to drive. Great car with over 200 original patents. Keyless starting and entry is awesome.

Cons: Not the fastest horse out of the gate.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 44 2007 Toyota Prius reviews.

2015 Toyota Prius Reviews

Practical With Some Style By Aaron6817

This car sips gas quiet engine, command console is surprisingly integrated well, feels like s mid size car despite it's compact size. not a lot of go but sufficient, rear window obstructs vision and t... Read More

2014 Toyota Prius Reviews

Good Car If You Want A Mid-sized Hybrid Vehicle. By Salamander3

While there is road/wind noise on the freeway, it's not as pronounced in the liftback as it is in the prius c. The longer wheelbase and heavier weight also helps to subdue the bumps/vibrations on the ... Read More

Great Car By MIkeBr

I was amazed while I first drove this car. It was an amazing experience. Nice gear, well stylish exterior design, 1 to 5 trim levels - all these are well set which I loved most. The Toyota Prius is a ... Read More

2013 Toyota Prius Reviews

Green Machine By John

I was a firm GM owner my whole life. My wife got me into liking the Toyota brand. She traded her GM for a Camry in 2012. When we lost our Camry to an accident we came back to Toyota for the 2013 Pri... Read More

Surprisingly The Best Car For Economy And Travel. Really Like Prius... By Larkster

My favorite part this PRIUS - is the color - the convenient dash with BIG back-up camera and NAV plus the on/off ignition - stereo GREAT - handling - ECONOMY! This Hybrid impresses me because it's ... Read More

2012 Toyota Prius Reviews

A Great Car... For The Right Person By dsjaharry

I've driven this car for a little while and although impressed with its potential, I came away understanding this was not the car for me. I do respect it. In the right hands, this car can do amazing... Read More

I Love This Car! Hoping To Buy A New Ediiton By jmorton

I love to reliability, quietness, fuel efficiency, large capacity of this prius. It handles very well and you can barely tell when it is turned on. it is chalk full of technology that makes by experie... Read More

2011 Toyota Prius Reviews

Super Gas Saving Vehicle! By Zulsf

great styling car with cool fuel efficiency. Super reliable and dependable car. Spacious car for 5 with plenty of trunk space. Zero maintenance Cost other than the regular oil changes and tire replace... Read More

Sucks Just Like Very Other Toyota By Bjorkast

My husband & I share his car but I avoid driving it at all cost! We live in an area where it is 98 degrees one day & a blizzard the next, so when it comes to how a car handles in all types of weather ... Read More

Cars compared to 2007 Toyota PriusPeople researching a 2007 Toyota Prius contacted a dealer about

Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 29,512 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,995.

Have you driven a 2007 Toyota Prius?
    Rank your car →