2005 Toyota 4Runner User Reviews

2005 Toyota 4Runner Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2005 Toyota 4Runner against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2005 Toyota 4Runner vs:

Have you driven a 2005 Toyota 4Runner?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2005 Toyota 4Runner reviews.

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4WD Review
    Overall:

Five Stairs Through And Through! — This is the absolute best car ever. I would recommend this SUV to families, who are on the go. It's great on gas mileage. Handles well. Maintenance is reasonable. Easy to drive. Safe all around. Great for commuting or for a drive up to the mountains.

Pros: I absolutely love this SUV. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Cons: None.

4Runner

Looking for a Used 4Runner in your area?

CarGurus has 14,534 nationwide 4Runner listings starting at $1,995.

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited V6 Review
    Overall:

Loved It And Hated To Sell It — I would recommend the '05 Toyota 4Runner Limited to anyone. I took very good care of this vehicle and it never gave me any problems. I hated to sell it but I decided to buy a newer one and I did not need 3 since I still have my '88 4Runner. I know it will serve it's new owners well if they take care of it.

Pros: My favorite 4Runner, loved how it handled and rode.  It gave excellent service, very dependable and got great gas milage.

Cons: None

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8 Review
    Overall:

4runner — I enjoy the space my 4runner provides. It has a lot of power and is very comfortable. I hate the gas miliage. I have also had lots of problems with the brakes on my 4runner. If you don't mind the horrible gas.miliage its a good ride.

Pros: Comfortable ride

Cons: horrible gas milage

Overall:

Great Suv And Very Dependable — I like this vehicle all around its great for everything, long trips, towing, hauling, inside hauling space. Everything about this rig is great. I don't think you could go wrong buying one. I wish I had a newer model. Good luck.

Pros: Great in the snow and mud. smooth ride for an suv.

Cons: Fuel economy, Maintenance cost.

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4WD Review
    Overall:

Nice Rig — I love love love my 4runner and hate to get rid of it. She has been very reliable and safe for my children and I. I can no longer afford the gas millage it gives me though. It's a very clean car, with a lot of gumption for those who like to get on it. I always have felt very safe in my car.

Pros: Plenty of room. Handles great for an SUV.  Has great power.  I like to get up and go and it does it with no problem. I feel like my children and I are 100% safe in this car.  It is still in great condition for 7 years old with two kids.  It's comfortable. And very reliable.  I have never had 1 problem with my car.

Cons: With this economy and gas prices as they are. Gas millage hurts for the daily drive I have.

Off-Road:
    Parking:
    Snow/Ice:
    Visibility:
    Overall:

Very Poor! — Terrible anti-slip traction control and stability warning far to touchy. If the traction control system even thought the car might slipspin a tire it would take over and ALL control of the gas pedal was GONE! This nearly caused me to be in a number of accidents while entering traffic from a stop sign and other areas. I could get stuck in front of my own house on level ground with 1" of snow on the ground (with new traction tires on the car)! Terrible System!!! I took this to the Toyota dealer many times and spent over four thousand dollars in their attempts to make it right and ultimately told me that everything was working at manufacturers specs. I will sell this and never buy another! (That is after driving Toyota's for 30 years).

Pros: Looks and fuel economy.

Cons: Terrible anti-slip traction control and stability warning far to touchy.  If the traction control system even thought the car might slipspin a tire it would take over and ALL control of the gas pedal was GONE!  This nearly caused me to be in a number of accidents while entering traffic from a stop sign and other areas.  I could get stuck in front of my own house on level ground with 1" of snow on the ground (with new traction tires on the car)!  Terrible System!!!  I took this to the Toyota dealer many times and spent over four thousand dollars in their attempts to make it right and ultimately told me that everything was working at manufacturers specs.  I will sell this and never buy another!  (That is after driving Toyota's for 30 years).

Overall:

2005 Sport Edition 4wd — Dislike emissions system, esp O2 and Air/Fuel Ratio sensors. Mine went to dealer 5 times before, I, figured out what diagnostics could not. When those sensors go bad it disables vehicle stability control, skid control, and suspension cannot work properly. Both CATS replaced under warranty at $1800 each, problematic in 4.0L 4Runners. The V8 is much more fun, had in my 2003 4Runner and mpg too close to notice!

Pros: Toyota reliability, this is my 3rd 4Runner since 2002, and definitely the best so far.  The list of standard safety features is not matched by any other SUV in its class, standard Downhill Assent Control (DAC)- against every driving instinct one has on a steep downgrade and using brakes, you hit DAC and put it in NEUTRAL; automatic braking to keep from spinning out and not exceeding 5mph. Hill Assent Control- keeps you in place and not rolling back on hill w/o having to keep foot on brake.  The Sport Suspension, called XREAS, is cross linked front tire to opposite rear tire and in event tire starts to leave ground pressure is taken from linked tire to push down.  The only other SUV that has something similar is the Ford Explorer w/ RSC, but it's $1k option.  Crashes well............$12k accident w/ DUI driver and walked away w/o a scratch.  4Runners hold their value so well mine was rebuilt, almost as good as factory, but not quite!

Cons: MPG is so so, back seat is not the roomiest, no more than 2 adults or cramped, maintenance is a bit pricey, but with 4wd to be expected

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited V6 Review
    Overall:

4runner - Suv Of The Year — Lack a bit on the Breaking. seems like the brake are not good enough for the cars power. Great and stylish look. Very low cost of ownership. No need to go into details about the quality associated with a TOYOTA. GREAT SUV. No wonder it's the most sold SUV in its category!

Pros: Comfort

Cons: Nothing

2005 Toyota 4Runner Review
    Overall:

Toyota Reliablity Is Something That You Can Take To The Bank. — The most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I've had it 2-1/2 years and it's bullet proof. The only thing it can't do is put gas in itself. You can't go wrong if you're considering buying one. Mine is one of the rare two-wheel drive versions but I still love it!

Pros: Power, class, and reliability!

Cons: Not great but I get 20mpg

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V6 Review
    Overall:

Great Suv — I loved my 4Runner, the way it drove, rode, everything about it and I regret trading it. The Sport Edition I owned had a cool hood scoop that gave it a distinctive look. The total package was a good buy and I wish I had never traded it.

Pros: Ride, Looks, Peformance, features, the great deal I got on it.

Cons: brakes were sensitive, needed about another half inch of head room

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2005 Toyota 4Runner reviews.

2014 Toyota 4Runner Reviews

I Get Complements Everywhere I Go By Leightg

I love this car, i've just decided i need something a little smaller for my family. We had plenty of space on our family vacation and got great gas mileage on the highway (24MPG). Only thing i wish ... Read More

2013 Toyota 4Runner Reviews

Great All Around Suv By SSGKeith

Well designed and practical truck that can work for any situation. Has never had any problems and would own another in the future. It has been a great truck for work, play and ready for the mountains ... Read More

Take The Good With The Bad, And An Extra Helping Of Good. By pruster1

I've had the 4runner for about a month now, and abslolutely love the thing for its refined road manners, surrpisingly good handling for a truck-based SUV. The fuel consumption is miserable. Everyt... Read More

2012 Toyota 4Runner Reviews

Awesome 4runner By cmoody

The 4Runner is a tough, body on frame SUV that combines the legendary Toyota reliability into one of the few true SUVs that are on the market today. Love the sound of the JBL audio system and the sate... Read More

Great All Around Family Vehicle!!! By Moates1970

4 wheel drive came in great when visiting family up north for Christmas. Gave me great confidence in this vehicles performance in all conditions. 3rd row always a bonus to have when have those couple ... Read More

2011 Toyota 4Runner Reviews

Reliable Stylish Suv By Jasonloyd

Toyota 4Runner has been great. Love the styling. Very minimal maintenance cost. Ride is comfortable in town and on the highway. Could use a little more power and better gas mileage, but I guess yo... Read More

Worthy By Robert

Great style and comfort. The newer V6 is far more fuel efficient than its predecessor. The tailgate does not have a push button assist which would be a plus. Also, the SR5 model requires adding a... Read More

2010 Toyota 4Runner Reviews

I Love It By Troye

I love the heated leather seats, ability to tow up to 5500 lbs, and have 5 passengers sit comfortably on a road trip. it has enough room to move cargo from place to place. Also, the automatic sliding ... Read More

I Love This Vehicle! By kaylasage

I love almost everything about this vehicle. I cannot think of a more perfect vehicle for someone who needs a little extra room, likes to take the bikes to trails and can fit just about anything in th... Read More

Cars compared to 2005 Toyota 4RunnerPeople researching a 2005 Toyota 4Runner contacted a dealer about

4Runner

Looking for a Used 4Runner in your area?

CarGurus has 14,534 nationwide 4Runner listings starting at $1,995.

Have you driven a 2005 Toyota 4Runner?
    Rank your car →