2005 Ford Freestyle User Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2005 Ford Freestyle against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2005 Ford Freestyle vs:

Have you driven a 2005 Ford Freestyle?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 25 2005 Ford Freestyle reviews.

Overall:

Freestyle 2005 — This is a nice family car with lots of room. It has fair pick-up on acceleration and brakes well. The low profile gives it good handling in wind and stable ride on most any surface. The major weakness here is that the drive train is not on par with the weight of the vehicle.

Pros: Nice family car with easy access and plenty of room.

Cons: Too heavy for the power train.

Freestyle

Looking for a Used Freestyle in your area?

CarGurus has 789 nationwide Freestyle listings starting at $1,987.

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited Review
    Overall:

Great Car — liked ride, comfort, size, safety, look. only down side is parts can be costly car was not made very long and not powerful enough to tow very well great family car. gave to kids to use great starter car to learn to drive in.

Pros: see below

Cons: see below

Overall:

I Love My Freestyle — I would buy another one.It is very comfortable to drive, with the wheels I put on it seems like everywhere I go someone stops to talk to me. It is one of the nicest SUVs I ever saw. I would recommend a friend buy one.

Pros: roomy

Cons: repair costs

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Review
    Overall:

Great Overall Vehicle — Love my car, wish I would have gotten the 7 seat option. It's a bit loud on highways and could have really used a 6 speed transmission. Otherwise very happy with it and it served us well over the years.

Pros: All around great family vehicle.

Cons: We opted for 6 seats, in hindsight could have really used the 7 seats. Also 4 speed instead of 5 or 6.

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD Review
    Overall:

Fun And Versatile — Wish mine had a sunroof. Drives smooth and responsive. Great visibility and with adjustable peddles, works well for shorter drivers. Seats fold down easily and lots of cargo space. Highway average is closeto 30 mpg. Great looking inside and out.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Cold weather driver door freezes sometimes and door will not latch shut

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Review
    Overall:

Road Tripper's Dream — Fun to drive, everyone was like why did you buy a mini van, ha! This car is sporty fun and one of a kind! Once inside they were all impressed and loved the car. It hosted several girls nite outings and many a roadtrip and has 4 cup holders per row! A bike, building material for a roof, and at least 6 girls with 10+ pairs of shoes for a four day trip will fit in this baby. The gas Milage due to the cvt is a major plus. I got 28mpg coming home from Oregon one time! Turn radius is tight. The parent mirror allows u to see ur backseat buddies too. I love my freestyle!

Pros: Better Gas Milage than the comparable crossovers bcuz of the CVT transmission. Roadtripper heaven! This car is perfect to pack up the whole family coolers ezup bikes roof rack on top and hit the road!  Height of the vechile makes getting in and out easy for older adults or persons who have trouble bending or climbing onto other vechiles and a wheelchair or walker are easy to load and unload bcuz the flat cargo area and no lifting over the truck edge. Ac/ heater controller on sel higher models and mine has dual climate control for those with different preferances. Rear back up sensor are a lifesaver literally. The versatility of the 2nd and 3rd rows folding flat or down seperatly or all together give u so many cargo packing options and the 3rd row seats even flip to face outward for tailgating! I like the look of the vechile and it is more comfortable in my opinion than the flex due to the fact that 3 ppl fit in my 2nd row who want to make an star person climb all the way back? Test drove the flex when it came out family all agreed our ride was better in our freestyle. We are happy campers with this amazing vechile

Cons: Ummm we'll the cvt is expensive to replace but mine is fine I exchange the gel like fluid as recommended at the dealer. The plastic levels on my 2nd row and passenger seat broke off or the spring that makes the seat pop to flip act up and that became a challenge.  The back hatch hydraulic thingy that holds it open leaked all the fluid out and it wouldn't stay up the part was aprox $50 dealer wanted $170aprox to install with part included my boyfriend did it in less than 5 mins EZ! Maintaince is always expensive at the dealer...I just did the big stuff there and waited for coupons. Ride is a bit bouncy when you hit dips. Sometimes the car feels like it is surging forward like one time in the drive tru I felt I had to full press the breakdown to hold it back when I let off it pulled forward quicker than normal...I had the ac full blast and it was very hot only happened a few times but just weird... Oh the self dimming rear view mirror is too dark at times. No towing due to cvt transmission but I didn't need it anyway...

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Review
    Overall:

Great Suv In Amazing Condition — This car handles like a big car, not like a truck. It has a 6-cyl engine, so it has good power. It gets good mileage for a big car, about 21 mpg average. It has always run very well. It was recalled for jumping forward in low gear but Ford fixed that and it has been fine since. I have always felt very safe in it since it is pretty big.

Pros: I am a mom and used this car to shuttle my kids everywhere. It's great for hauling them, their stuff, my dog and gardening supplies. It has lots of room and is very comfortable. It is a nice looking car and a great color. It has lots of leg room and space between the seats so the kids don't get squished. The visibility is exceptional. It has been a very reliable car.  We have had it for 7 years and kept it in great condition, so it has been very reliable.

Cons: Our older son is 21 now and I want a smaller car, so I want to sell this one.

Overall:

The Super Family Wagon — This vehicle takes care of all of your needs very well. I love the power, ride, space, versatility, and overall comfort. I look forward to adding more miles to this vehicle knowing how dependable it is. We've driven from Michigan to Canada, Florida, New York, and Oregon/Washington, and the only trouble was AC going out (Montana during 104° F blasting heat). Great car and worth every penny!

Pros: This family hauler is spacious and more versatile than its competitors.  It can haul 7 passengers with ample luggage space, has DC power outlets wherever you need them, but can also fold seats for more space while carrying 5 or 6 passengers.  It does everything well.

Cons: The AC can go out - we replaced ours - and that is not uncommon.  Thankfully, the replacement comes with Ford warranty and blows ice cold again.

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Review
    Overall:

It Served Us Well As A Family For 3years — The comfort driving the Van, the reliability in all our trips and also the space capacity for all our young ones. There is enough space for everybody and we never had any major problem with the van over the years.

Pros: This is a good Van

Cons: I would have love it save more on gas.

Overall:

Fine Car — not bad car; actually just what we needed, great 'do everything' vehicle. mileage is not what I expected. AWD is fine for summer vacations, where we get something like 20-24 mpg driving to Denver from San Jose. Quiet and comfortable; great A/C

Pros: nice family car

Cons: poor gas mileage; heavy

Displaying 1 - 10 of 25 2005 Ford Freestyle reviews.

2007 Ford Freestyle Reviews

Excellent Family Vehicle/highway Cruiser By riverdog29

This is (was) a great car that Ford mis-marketed! It blows the Ford Edge away with its ride quality and passenger/cargo capacity. Based on a car chassis, it just cruises like a long-wheelbased limo ... Read More

Very Dependable! By Jeff

Extremely loaded like our Explorer was! W/o the running boards. Also Has Satellite radio. Leather,moonroof, 6 cd/changer, onboard diagnostics computer Read More

2006 Ford Freestyle Reviews

Great Overall Vehicle By mia_post

Great vehicle, bought it when I started a family and I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car. Maintained it in great condition and kept the interior and exterior clean. The navigation system is ... Read More

Beware! Very Bad Transmission, Very Expensive Fix/replace, Replace Again By bkkjot

Even though the gas milage wasn't great, I loved this car until the AWD went out under 3 years and then the transmission in it's third year. Ford no longer makes this car and now I know why, I wish I... Read More

Cars compared to 2005 Ford FreestylePeople researching a 2005 Ford Freestyle contacted a dealer about

Freestyle

Looking for a Used Freestyle in your area?

CarGurus has 789 nationwide Freestyle listings starting at $1,987.

Have you driven a 2005 Ford Freestyle?
    Rank your car →