Have you driven a 2003 GMC Envoy XL?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 2003 GMC Envoy XL 10 reviews.

Karsten writes:
Overall:

I like the overall size of these. The Inline 6 cyl. engine is powerful enough for this vehicle. Has very comfortable seats. easily maneuvered in city, also easy to park. I especially like the selectable 4wd switch. Use 2wd for most driving and select 4wd when poor road conditions require. The Chev Trailblazer and Buick Rainier are the sister vehicles. I believe Saab also has one on this platform dont know what it is though.

Envoy XL

Looking for a Used Envoy XL in your area?

CarGurus has 121 nationwide Envoy XL listings starting at $2,995.

dwgirtz writes:
Overall:

I had a 2006 Envoy Denali XL and a 2004 TrailBlazer LTZ XL. I LOVED both of them and did not get rid of them because I wanted to. In fact I am looking to purchase another one!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

2003 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WDReview
tedLhansen writes:
Overall:

Fantastic Vehicle For Comfort And Style — This was a great car for our family and friends. It has the 3rd row back seat for taking friends along and the extra capacity for cargo when visiting long distances from home. The V8 in this truck was excellent when the extra power is needed. Out on the road it pretty much stays in over-drive to get good mileage for the size of the vehicle. I recommend this vehicle for any family 4 persons or larger. After 6 it will require a storage box out back or on top in the roof rack. Overall this has been a great vehicle for us.

Pros: Dependable and comfortable ride with plenty of power

Cons: Dealership repairs always seem high, but typical.

2003 GMC Envoy XL SLTReview
CarlsbadCar writes:
Accessories:
Overall:

Great Multi-purpose Vehicle With Nice Exterior And Interior Style And Comfort — This is an inline 6 vs V8, but had the power we needed for our use, which included occasionally towing a pop up trailer. Felt safe in this car and had no hesitation to take long drives relative to safety or comfort. Original owner and overall this has been a great car and a purchase we've not regretted!

Pros: Have loved this car.  Good style inside and out.  Comfortable, spacious and all the luxuries for driver and passengers as well as cargo.  Low maintenance.  Again, for a large car, can make nice turns and park in tight spaces.

Cons: Mileage is not great in today's standards, but considering the size of the XL, actually not bad.  Large side mirrors cause wind noise on the highway.

2003 GMC Envoy XL SLEReview
BMW535 writes:
Overall:

Will Not Get Another — Not a great truck to invest in for the long haul. The style is nice and comfortable ride when everything is working. Noticed a lot of crappy things go bad fast like rear cab fan motor. The other thing I already had to replace a valve gasket, faulty gas tank.

Pros: Looks nice

Cons: Cheap parts, to many things goes wrong with it. Like faulty gas tank

mbndr27 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Who Else Misses The Gmc Of Yesteryear? — Really enjoyed this truck when we first got it. Gas mileage is worse than expected and now the compressor for the suspension seems shot. Air ride not working at all so we're sitting on the frame...eek! Now the question is do we repair or run??

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: Great family car so roomy and comfortable

Cons: Expensive repairs

Greg writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Gmc Envoy — Nice looking SUV and rides smooth. I also pull my boat with this and it does great. Gas mileage is not bad. I really like the looks of it have the running boards and trim package that makes it stand out.

Pros: Appearance

Cons: Daughter drives all the time

2003 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WDReview
Vidal writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Love It — Suv that feels like a car, seats 7, looks good. vortec stright 6 has good low end haul alot with the seats down and roof rack,toe anything with the stock tow hitch. feels like a Caddliac with the slt package with the wood trim and bose system

Pros: all around vehicle

Cons: get the v8 or envoy denali

tonymoe writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Excellent Suv — I have a GMC 2003 Envoy XL SLT 4WD and it is everything I would want in a SUV. Sunroof, smooth riding, rear AC, heated seats, spacious third row, leather, and many other options. I mean it is a very nice vehicle and I am proud of my purchase. There is only one thing I would address and that is mpg and that is expected with this type of SUV. I would rate this up with a luxury vehicle.

Pros: Mostly everything!

Cons: MPG is not high but is okay for me.

memaven writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

03 Envoy Xl — We purchased our Envoy new and I have loved it from the beginning. It fits everyone (family of 5) plus a couple friends too. Some issues are problems getting back doors open(seems to be in wet weather the handles don't want to work right), cowling above rear window came loose(hubby just screwed it down again), and bracket on drivers seat adjustment broke. But in all it has been a solid family vehicle. No major problems with engine/driveability. Decent gas mileage on highways for an SUV.

Pros: No major problems, Roomy

Cons: Minor body/frame build issues

Displaying 1 - 10 of 2003 GMC Envoy XL 10 reviews.

2006 GMC Envoy XL Reviews

My Envoy Opinion By Paul

Performance- Acceleration is great to be a 6-cylinder! It handles very well, it can take curves at a high rate of speed! (ive done it!) Build Quality-I really have not done anything but changed the o... Read More

2005 GMC Envoy XL Reviews

Review By Tracy

Great suv Great price not missing a thing seen it for a lot more Read More

Classy By nixster

Too on much gas. So comfortable and classy. Unsure of having the leather seats when cold but the heated seats make up for that. A great safety feeling while drive with my babes. Lots of mirror coverag... Read More

2004 GMC Envoy XL Reviews

Its A Great Suv By AliciaCush

I like that It cold hold a lot of people it has a great color and it is easy to maintain. It also has good gas mileage I don't like that parking is sometimes hard to find since its the envoy xl Read More

Good Vehicle; Not Environmentally Friendly! By Justin

Like the size and capabilities (towing is awesome, pulled a loaded 6x12 trailor and couldn't tell!) Terrible fuel economy. I average 13.5 to 15 MPG (all city to all highway, stays the same!) Today... Read More

2002 GMC Envoy XL Reviews

Perfect By Robert

real nice in the summer saves money on gas and really good in the snow!!! has a lot of power under the hood when you need to get out of the way in a hurry she'll move but, in the winter sucks in 2 whe... Read More

Envoy XL

Looking for a Used Envoy XL in your area?

CarGurus has 121 nationwide Envoy XL listings starting at $2,995.

Have you driven a 2003 GMC Envoy XL?