2000 GMC Yukon User Reviews

2000 GMC Yukon Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2000 GMC Yukon against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2000 GMC Yukon vs:

Have you driven a 2000 GMC Yukon?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2000 GMC Yukon reviews.

2000 GMC Yukon Review
    • Cargo Capacity
    • Family Car
    • Value
    • Would Buy
    Power Ranked 2000 Ford Explorer worse.
    "it has a v8 engine in comparison to the v6 of the explorer"
    Front Seats Ranked 2000 Ford Explorer worse.
    "its roomier & have a much better quality interior"
    Yukon

Looking for a Used Yukon in your area?

CarGurus has 17,124 nationwide Yukon listings starting at $1,799.

2000 GMC Yukon Review
    • Cargo Capacity
    • Family Car
    • Value
    • Would Buy
    Looks/Style Ranked 2000 Dodge Durango worse.
    "Its look newer"
    2000 GMC YukonReview
    Overall:

Very Nice Looking And Running — I love this vehicle it runs good drives good gets me to where I need to be and is reliable. It has newer GMC Denali wheels on it so it makes it look really nice and my kids love it the dog love that we have enough room for everybody basically went from a 2000 Honda Civic Coupe to this and we haven't been camping yet but I foresee a lot of camping trips in our near future. Got a great deal on it only had to pay 5700 for it and it only had 127,000 miles on it when I bought it in February 2015. A lot of people of that it's a nice-looking rig. Hope it lasts a long time for us.

Pros: It's almost like brand-new inside it's been well taken care of and I can haul all of my friends and family in it and we can go on lots of trips. It looks pretty

Cons: don't get very good gas mileage costs a lot of money to fill up sometimes

2000 GMC Yukon Denali 4WDReview
    Overall:

Money Pit — This vehicle has been very unreliable especially with start related issues such as fuel pumps, gas tank, intake manifold, starter and even a new engine. Transmission was replaced too. The illumination on the radio buttons do not work. Sometimes the daytime running lamps will shut off. After almost a complete engine replacement (new) and oxygen sensors the check engine light remains "on."

Pros: Cargo space

Cons: Very costly to maintain

2000 GMC Yukon SLTReview
    Overall:

2000 Yukon Slt — A big powerful truck best suited for someone who cares nothing about dribving dynamics (if you don't know what this means, you'd probably like this truck) and interior amenities. As long as you take good care of it, the reliability is above average.

Pros: Power,great for towing, spacious

Cons: Wallowy, awful ride dynamics and absolutely no steering feel. Cheap hard plastic interior

2000 GMC Yukon SLE 4WDReview
    Overall:

Pleasantly Surprised By How Much I Like My Yukon As A Toyota/honda Loyalist — This truck (SUV) is great for hauling extended family members on road trips and taking lots of stuff on vacations. After riding in this for the first time, passengers often comment on how comfortable the ride is. We have sufficient power to tow our small boat and we have had few mainanance issues; it was purchased used. Gas mileage isn't great but I use this vehicle to commute to work, a mere 9 miles away. I feel very safe in this SUV. Exterior paint in poor shape: noticed fading and peeling in year 10 and now two years later we really need to get a professional paint job.

Pros: Roomy enough to seat 7 adults... or 4 adults + 2-3 kids... or 2 adults + 2-3 kids + dog... and the seats are really comfortable (and heated!).  Accelerates fairly quickly for a larger vehicle.

Cons: Hard to park in smaller lots due to size; stopping takes longer due to weight of the truck.  In my opinion not the most sophisticated SUV in appearance, but it was purchased for function primarily, not looks.

2000 GMC Yukon Denali 4WDReview
    Overall:

Very Good Reliable Car — The gas milage is very low compared to newer suvs, of course. The rear air suspension is nice but has to many issues with the pump going out and holes in the airbags. Overall the vehicle is made extremely well for the dirt roads I live on.

Pros: Lots of passenger room. Good power when towing. Cheap to repair.

Cons: Very heavy vehicle. Front bucket seats are made for very large people, its like sitting on my own love seat, which I dont like when driving. No cargo space when using the 3rd row.

Off-Road:
    Overall:

Great Gmc — overal a very good GM lots of fun and when ur not burning rubber and ripping up dirt it simmers down into a just a family suv witch is nice dont need all 295 hp all the time. the light bar dose get me pulled overbut its not elegal so i laugh at the cops when the realize that they have nothing on me. and the fun factor well if u read my other reviews on my other trucks u can make my words this is the best truck so far!

Pros: best truck i have owned

Cons: the fact that the rcmp still have it

2000 GMC Yukon Denali 4WDReview
    Overall:

Awesome Comfort — Love the overall ride. Took getting use to after driving Acuras for a while. Smooth ride and comfortable seats. Put a new transmission in the vehicle at 90 miles but this was due to me driving the auto pretty hard.

Pros: comfort

Cons: mpg

Appearance:
    Overall:

If You Find One Cheep Buy It :) — This is actually my first vehicle and i love it. Great get up and go sounds nice and looks amaizing. I have had a few repairs to make since i purchased but its an all around solid truck. Gas mileage is not the greatest but its to be expected with any truck 70 bucks to fill it for 250km in the winter and 350km in summer. still have to do plugs and wires though. Comfy and smooth ride with luxury to go with it, also around here i look like an undercover police unit so i dont get bothered by the cops much other than a wave.

Pros: power style and smooth ride with luxury

Cons: gas mileage i guess

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2000 GMC Yukon reviews.

2015 GMC Yukon Reviews

Great Vehicle By image

The room in this vehicle is amazing! The hidden compartment and valet mode for locking out the radio is neat. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that is looking for reliable family vehicle. The ... Read More

2013 GMC Yukon Reviews

Good, But Some Things Lacking For Price By lepsyc01

Fuel ecomony is good. There is a good balance of power and fuel economy, with respectable towing capacity. The load levingling, trailering, and 4WD handling are strong in my HO. I like the use of va... Read More

2011 GMC Yukon Reviews

I Would Recommend This Vehicle If You Are Interested In A Suv By Sweetman

The Yukon is a beautiful car inside and out. It has all the luxuries you could need in a vehicle. The power of the V8 is awesome and the handling is easy. I truely enjoy driving my Denali. I only ... Read More

2010 GMC Yukon Reviews

We Think This Is The Perfect Family Vehicle And We Know You'll Be Happy If You Purchase One. By Todd

This may be the perfect family vehicle. Great looks, luxury inside and out, extremely quiet, very spacious, eco friendly. We highly recommend the GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid 4WD! This is our 2nd Yukon D... Read More

2009 GMC Yukon Reviews

Best Automobile I've Owned To Date! By migration_kborrocci

at first i was hesitant to get an SUV, considering it is just me, but after owning a Yukon, I don't think I will ever go back to a car! this vehicle is built to last - I am sure whoever buys it will h... Read More

Quiet Smooth And Comfortable By Jclark82

Love the room and towing capabilities. Smooth ride and great for long trips. I would recommend this for a family that loves to travel and/or pull a boat or camper to the lake. Or just to drive it as a... Read More

Cars compared to 2000 GMC YukonPeople researching a 2000 GMC Yukon contacted a dealer about

Yukon

Looking for a Used Yukon in your area?

CarGurus has 17,124 nationwide Yukon listings starting at $1,799.

Have you driven a 2000 GMC Yukon?