04 NISSAN SENTRA 1.8L HARD START

NISSAN04
25

Asked by NISSAN04 Mar 31, 2008 at 02:23 PM about the 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S

I HAVE A POBLEM GETTING IT TO START, MUST PUMP THE GAS A FEW TIMES AND KEEP IT REVING FOR A FEW MINUTES. IT DOES IT AT ALL TIMES HOT OR COLD. REPLACED FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY,DIDNT HELP. IT WILL IDLE AFTERWARDS,BUT LOW. SWAPPED OUT RELAY DIDNT HELP EITHER.WHATS GOING ON HERE?

casper271
3,735

could be a throttle sensor, but I would get it looked at. Your car needs to be scanned to see if there is any fault codes

Jason Mangal
65

same here my 2004 sentra does the same it starts - then it starts then shakes and die immediately or sometimes it just cranks for a long time then finally starts ..it wierd...most of the time its fine.

Doran Harney
925

Check the IACV, your fuel filter, and especially all your vacuum lines. It really sounds like you have unmetered air coming in somewhere. You can also try re-grounding the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) and/or cleaning the MAF - just remember not to use anything other than MAF cleaner to do so. If none of that does the trick, then check your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).