2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8L hard to start

jaclyn823
0

Asked by jaclyn823 Jun 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM about the 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8

My sentra has had this problem for several years. I have replaced I don't know how many fuel pumps. It will be fine for awhile then it will crank but won't start. I have to literally pump the gas petal to get it to try to catch and start. Then it will start right up after that. Then if the car sits for a couple hours, it does the same thing. I did some research and my father and I tried to see if the white wire with a blue stripe was loose or corroded but it doesn't seem loose. Haven't traced the whole wire to see if it is corroded. A friend of mine was inquiring about a wiring problem that has to do with the hood/computer? I am not sure and wanted to ask someone that might know some more information. I am spending so much money on this car. It has been great besides this starting problem. I would love to get a couple more years out of it.

Bryce Dudeck
75

Does it start up fine right after you replace the fuel pump? If so, how long before it starts having problems again? Have you been replacing the fuel pump with a factory Nissan fuel pump?