door locks

jackdiamond1954
0

Asked by jackdiamond1954 Feb 12, 2010 at 06:17 PM about the 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade

The door locks have suddenly started locking and unlocking spontaneously.  The locking switch on passenger and driver doors work sporadically.  Put new batteries in the remotes (suggested by Jeep service technician).  did not work.  ANy suggestions?

Rachel Miller
20

I had the same issue with my Nissan Quest. It's an electrical issue, nothing to do with remote. Try taking the batteries out of the remote for a few days and see if that is the source of the issue. Good luck hope that helps.

jackdiamond1954
0

I feel like mine is an electrical issue also. I only spoke to the dealership service department on the phone and he said try new batteries in the remote first and if that did not help then try looking at the door switch. I took the battery cable loose and that reset the inside door switches for about 1 minute and then they went back to not working and it still locks spontaneously.