I can't find a 2 wire MAP sensor for my 2000 Neon 4dr. The dealer says it has 3 wires but mine has 2.. Any help ?

myinkfreak
0

Asked by myinkfreak Feb 27, 2011 at 08:57 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr ES Sedan

Why does my MAP sensor have a 2 pin plug?

Mike Bonnell
6,145

Either your looking at the wrong part or you have a broken wire to your MAP sensor MAPs have three wires. PWR(5 volts ), ground, and Return Signal ( .8-4.5 volts )

myinkfreak
0

Well its a replacement engine from another 2000 neon just 4 months difference in date. And i have ran the wires down , but nothing is missing. It's the only plug that is unhooked and it only reaches where the map goes. I am taking it by the dealer and if they cant figure it out its off to the scrapper.. I have pics of everything....

myinkfreak
0

Here is where it goes on the intake..

Mike Bonnell
6,145

what color are the wires

Mike Bonnell
6,145

What is the second picture of ??

Justin Gilmore
695

the hole on the IM where the map sensor goes

Mike Bonnell
6,145

With out better pictures and color of wires my guess would be an intake air temperature sensor Good Luck

Dan Connell
4,995

MAP sensors are a 3 wire sensor 5V reference, ground, and one to the PCM or ECM which ever the vehicle has. all MAP sensors have atleast 3 wires (unless after market) the plug you showed in the first picture looks to be a plug for some thing like the cooling fans, coolant temp sensor, or some thing like that but its deffinitly not for the MAP