The passenger side and back of my car is covered in oil splatter? But no warning lights on

sammyvan
0

Asked by sammyvan Apr 22, 2013 at 04:36 PM about the 2011 Honda CR-V SE AWD

Hi, I have a 2011 Honda CRV -yesterday I drove about 30 highway miles and parked my
car in the driveway -this morning I noticed several oil spots on the ground in front and
behind the passenger side tires.  Also, the entire passenger side and back are covered in
oil splatters.  It appears that there is oil all in the wheel-wells.  Any thoughts on what is
going on?  There are no warning lights on -I drove the car for about 10 minutes and it rode
fine.

14,135

somethings leaking. Just gonna have to figure out what it is.

sammyvan
0

Yeah, I know something must be leaking but since it's not the typical oil spot in the middle of underneath the car and there are no warning lights on and the car is only 2 years old-I thought someone might have an idea of why there was oil leaking only in front of and behind both passenger tires. Also looked all under car with flashlight and can't see anything that looks wet or leaking

14,135

well thats strange. I dont know what kind of warranty honda's have. Does it still fall under factory powertrain warranty?

7jimmy7
9,345

you may have drove thru a oil slick in gutter of road,

45,535

At highway speeds, oil flies everywhere. The engine is turning faster too. It could be coming from the engine or transmission. If you don't have ramps, have a shop put it on the lift to see where it's coming from as part of a repair estimate. You can then make a decision to fix it or keep topping off whatever is being drained.

45,535

Open the hood and see if there's anything leaking.Check the engine and transmission levels.