2011 Town Car Air Suspension

Mike Petrella
0

Asked by Mike May 25, 2012 at 03:21 PM about the 2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited

I bought a used Town Car with 16K on it. I had a 2007 with 86K as a trade. I noticed the ride was a little stiffer on the 2011. I didn't check before I bought it to see if there was air suspension on the 2011. Last night after loading the trunk with many case of water and Gatorade I noticed that the car didn't adjust and rode a little lower than usual. When I looked in the trunk to see if the air suspension was off I didn't see the switch. Looking under the car I noticed shock absorbers and not air bags. I called the dealer and they said that the fleet runs didn't have park assistance or air suspension.

Question(s) I have is....did I get screwed, am I an idiot for not checking before and will the car performance suffer?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

maxwelle103
10

Hey man, you got screwed just like I did. I had three town cars, 2006, and two 2007. Back in March of 2012 I bought a 2011 town car with about 15k miles on it. drove it off the lot, it drives smooth on the road. BUT BUT BUT, when people sat in my car, it sags, and it does to the point when I hit a bump its a loud THUMP. I'm in the livery business and we load up passengers all the time. Problem is, it is no where near a smooth ride when two or more passengers sit in the car. Ford/Lincoln screwed pulled a fast one on us. And when I called the dealer, he acted like it was good news because the coils/shocks were less expensive to replace. lol. Then I asked him, does the 2011 Town Car Executive L series come with air suspension, he replied yes. Who would've thought that they would take out the air suspension on ANY TOWN CAR? No one would've EVER guessed it. Ford screwed us and I paid way too much for this clunker contraption. I really have no idea why they would take something out like that when they've had it all along. I called other guys about this and they were completely shocked.

Winoscar
60

Does the 2008 come with air suspension?

LeskovarMitsu
5

Not only that..Ford took out the backup sensors on the Town Car as well.Have to remember..that vehicle was in fazeout mode for 5 model years.Thats why the interior never changed but they kept deleting key items.Same with the Grand Marquis and Crown Victoria

Thomas Wakolbinger
0

Not sure they took out the backup sensors. My 2003 had them in the back bumper and they were visible. My Dad's car doesn't have anything showing in the back bumper but it still beeps when backing up so the sensors may just not be visible any more.

Guido1000
0

Most of these changes took place when the Wixom, MI plant closed (exclusively Lincoln) (2007 I think). The Town Car then shared the same line as the Crown Vic and the Grand Marquis (Canadian plant).