Dodge Sprinter 2007, 230K Mileage Vibrating/Losing Power. Please Help!

ptsandiego
0

Asked by ptsandiego Mar 25, 2012 at 09:50 PM about the 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144WB

When I push on the accelorator, the whole van starts to vibrate. When I release it, the vibrating stops. The
second problem is that it loses power all the time, whether it's going up hill or on flat ground. No one has
been able to help me with this in the last year, not any mechanic or dealer. Please advise...Thanks.   

Dan Connell
4,375

Is it equipped with the mercedes common rail diesel?

ptsandiego
0

Yes, it's a diesel 2500.

Chris McGee
2,755

i would replace the fuel filter and check the turbo. Make sure the air filter is clean.

Dan Connell
4,375

at 230k id be looking at possibly bad injectors, possibly even an injection pump, does the truck smoke heavily? if so what color is the smoke? also on the days first start note the amount of smoke and color of the smoke. Worn injectors, low injection pump output, and possibly low compression will make its self most known on the days first start of the engine with some white smoke. also check to make sure that the emissions system is working correctly you might want to go to the dealership to make sure that the DPF isnt past its useful life, the truck "regenerates" DPF life but the DPF will clog after time.