top speed for a corvette

Mark Woung
0

Asked by Mark Sep 10, 2008 at 01:15 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

how fast does a 2003 corvette go.

Andrew Schenk
235

about 285km/h.. which is pretty fast, but not as fast as it took me to google it lol

Johnandrew123
0

I am new for this post.Anyway nice posting and I am really impressing. Thanks for posting...... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Andrew William Used Cars

Kevin Valdron
65

300 km/h

Sheldon Oetken
155

no not 300 km/h its gonna be around 280 km/h(175 mph), unless its upgraded or a zo6

Donald Hess
35

About 173 (drag limited) Although few would push it up to this speed. The bonnet starts to lift at the rear. The Z06 would go faster (gear limited)

Laura DeVita
0

150 or maybe 200?

Keith Kmiec
25

The POSTED speed limit, Duh!

jml12345
1,255

nice toys.

Dobermann
335

A coupe will go 174 with a six speed transmission. A convertible will go 165 with a automatic, or 168 with a stick. By the way the computer lets your car go faster with the top up and the windows closed. Try it, it's pretty cool.

c5coupe
25

I know that the cruise control will work at 165.

califcarson
2,955

It all depends on the length of your driveway, the gearing and HP you have under the hood. Also don't forget the body alterations. Racing configured Corvettes will hit near 225 MPH, stock everything was around 160 MPH to 185 MPH if you were going down hill.

Sarge_AZ
235

Depends on how far you push the pedal.

califcarson
2,955

Actually the body aerodynamics is a limiting factor. My C-3 kept too much air under the hood and above 135 the front end got very light at at 155 (my top speed three times) there was almost no controlling the steering. That's why guys like John Greenwood did such modifications to the body of the Corvettes he raced.

Sarge_AZ
235

The 2nd and 3rd generation Corvettes were notorious for getting very light in the front end at high speeds. The C3 looked a lot sleeker than the C2 but later wind tunnel testing showed that it was actually worse. In 80, the new front end helped a little but the 84 was the first year that the body was designed with hours of wind tunnel testing, even the wheels were specifically designed to help the cars aerodynamics, and the C5 and C6 just continued to get better.