How do you take the top off ???? I have a corvette supplied tool for the 2 bolts

power_master
0

Asked by power_master Dec 03, 2006 at 12:12 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Corvette

Hard top ------ I just bought it second hand. Good condition but no manuals. I am ordering these ----but in the mean time I would like to know how to remove the top

10,415

From http://www.vettesite.com/askC4.asp: There are four Torx head bolts. There are two by the windshield, hidden up in the holes behind the sun visor and the other two are toward the rear. The bolts by the windshield do not come out, just loosen them. The bolts toward the rear come out. Your Vette should have come with a tool for removing these bolts. I would look in the glove box or check with the person you bought it from. If that doesn't work, GM sells the wrench for around $70.00 or you can buy the correct #40 Torx head bit from any tools supplier. Note: make sure your Vette is on level ground when putting the top back on, this will make it line up correctly.

Anonymous
0

Great sie