What is a 1972 LT-1 Corvette with Factory A/C 4 Speed, 4.11 gears Worth??

HarpSlinger
25

Asked by HarpSlinger Sep 04, 2013 at 03:14 AM about the 1972 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I have a 1972 LT-1 Corvette with factory A/C ! I've learned that there was 1741 LT-1 Corvette's built in 1972. From that 1741 LT-1's 240 came with factory A/C ! Ok I have one
of the 240 with A/C NO not a numbers matching has a 350 Vortec 4speed with 4.11 gears
T-Tops removable rear window ! The fact it is 1 of 240 with A/C and from that 240 I know of 2. Mine and one I seen on You-Tube I bet not many left ! Now my Daddy always said
it's worth what somebody gives you for it .Also I'm about to replace the 4 speed with a T56
6 speed trans. SO ! What's it worth? And Yea or Ney on the 4 speed 6 speed swap?

hillbillson3
35

Keeping it original is the key to big money for classic cars. Since motor is replaced with not original it will never be original and not worth the big money regardless of how many they made of them. A good average price of any 72 in very good condition without original motor and again depending on the paint and mechanical shape and depending on not being rusty. 5k to $7500 is about normal. Now if it is in exceptional shape and very low mileage with what you have told me you might find someone to give you a bit more but not over 8 or 9k for sure.

Russ Dunne
105

if it is all original it is worth more to a collector if it has been modified then the value drops , if you just want to sell it then best price gets it. LT-1 engine is desirable but big blocks (396- 427-454) bring more money . If you are selling ask what between the going price and what you expect , who knows what you will get, but remember one with the most money gets the prize