my 1986 Fiero has been sitting for 10 years and I am trying to get it started.

Herbiej99
30

Asked by Herbiej99 Oct 06, 2013 at 07:22 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

my 1986 Fiero has been sitting for 10 years and I am trying to get it started. It turns over, but just doesn't want to start. I am not much of a mechanic, so how do I determine where the fuel injector is?

109,435

Did you drain the gas and add new? 10 years is a long time and water condensates in the tank , maybe there is sludge and rust. Check for fuel pressure, maybe the pump is dead....http://classiccars.about.com/od/maintenancetips/ss/StartStoredCar.htm

Herbiej99
30

What is the best way to empty the tank?

Gerard7AA
0

Test the fuel pump for operation.. Replacing pump takes about 6 hours. Well that's how long it took me on my driveway with 2 person team.