Pontiac 1986 GT: I replaced all 4 drums,all calipers, and discs. I also replaced the master cylinder and bled brakes. I still have about 2 inches in brake pedal before it starts to grab any ideas?.

franktraina
0

Asked by franktraina Jan 16, 2013 at 05:19 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

DavidH25

Bleed it more. You may have to bleed it several times on each wheel, prepare to have a quart of DOT fluid at ready..go back and forth, not just around the car, go L/F...R/R...R/F....L/R, then around, then do it again if necessary

Andrew Welsh
185

Another thing that is good to do is bleed the master... basically crack the connections one at a time and bleed until you don't see any bubbles. Also, for the sake of helping you not be persecuted later, there are no "drums" on a fiero. It has all disc brakes. Drum brakes are a completely different type of braking system. I'm guessing you meant pads maybe?

Best Answer