I have a 97 chevy 1500 5.7 liter i drove it home from work went back out and it wouldnt start its getting gas but no spark. Could the timing be the problem

Jeffery Crabtrey
30

Asked by Jeffery Jan 29, 2013 at 08:16 AM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Reg. Cab 8-ft. Bed 2WD

DavidH25

Yes it could be the timing, but there are so many other things that could cause it to not start, that is way down the list, besides, you don't set the timing but the timing offset on a 5.7L.

Jeffery Crabtrey
30

Ok ive done did all the basics. Spark plugs the wires and a new rotor. It. Trys to. Butdoesnt want to fire up the motor turns over wat could it be

Joey McBride
115

If it doesn't have any spark I'd check the ignition coil.

mikerose641o
0

Cheak the altenator plug its prbly lose or got coroded mine did that to it wouldnt even turn make no noise but thats probably the problem follow the wire an tighten it an cheak ur fuse for gas ignition an all that