My jeep will not start...does not even turn over, suggestions?

surfernh
0

Asked by surfernh Aug 11, 2010 at 06:26 PM about the 2006 Jeep Wrangler X

chensley
10

Check your battery with a volt meter. If your battery is low, replace it. If it is not your battery it could be a faulty ground somewhere, possibly in the ignition and or your start motor is shot. I bet my chips on your battery is dead if your engine wont turn over.

Cris Karney
45

Jeeps are famous for park neutral safety switches going bad. I had the same thing happen on mine. Try to start it in neutral.

Mathew Wooldridge
150

check the ignition switch actuator pin, on my jeep it cracked and i could not stared it but all the gages came on

Mathew Wooldridge
150

djtm0500
75

I have an 05 TJ 4.0L automatic. Turn key and gauges don't respond use ODBII reader and it is not sensing the pcm. What could be causing this?