I have a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser. AC works when driving but not when idle. When idle and AC is on, the car rumbles about every 10 seconds but doesn't when AC is off.

Millsmick
0

Asked by Millsmick Apr 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM about the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 Dr Base

I have a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser. AC works when driving but not when idle. When idle and AC is on, the car
rumbles about every 10 seconds but doesn't when AC is off.

45,645

It sounds like the engine speed is too low to run the compressor.

14,185

Compressor is weak. If you increase engine speed and it blows cold its a little low on charge or your ac comprssor is at fault.

tommcmanis
2,805

the rumble cycling is engine torsion mounts upper and lower and possibly engine mount front.

Lisa Mabry
0

If you didn't yet get your problem solved, it is the fan. My daughter had same problem, as did her friends mother with pt cruiser. The fan or the fan relay switch isn't working, so when the a/c tries to turn it on, it pulls power and idles very rough. New fan, problem fixed.