Dodge Caliber fuse box problems

canadacaliber
0

Asked by canadacaliber Jan 31, 2011 at 01:41 AM about the 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT

Hi, I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT, never had any problems with it until about a month ago. I was driving when all of a sudden the radio, heat, lights, etc. cut out. I pulled over and put the car in park, but could not remove my keys from the ignition or shift out of park after that. It turned out to be an issue with a fuse, which I had to remove and reinsert.

The same thing happened just last week, when I was driving down the highway in -40 weather with my young child in the backseat. Tried removing the fuse and reinserting it, but this time, it would not work. So, we were stranded for an hour in the car waiting for a tow truck. Towed it right to the dealership and was told the entire fuse box needed to be replaced...at a cost of over $1,000.

The car is only a 2007...I don't believe it should be having such costly problems already!!! I am wondering if others have had a similar problem with their vehicles? I would like to get a group of others together and approach Chrysler with this problem, as I've heard it's a common one and should be cause for a recall.

shantianaali
100

Yes I have a 2007 also and I am not having that issue but I am having an issue with the fuse box and it may have to be replaced as well. The issue i'm having is that my headlights wont come on unless its on high beams. I took it to some local mechanics and they all told me that the fuse box needed replacing and it was going to be a very costly process. I agree with you these cars are too new to be having issues like this. O and just last year my fuel pump went out and it cost me nearly $800 to get fixed. I like the car but too many issues too soon. Good luck

Sébastien England
20

My car is at the dealership right now , not sure if im giving them the job or not , but same thing that u have , fuse box has corrosion on it , they are asking me 1160$ with taxes to fix it . They need to redo the entire wirering ( i asked that they just cut the correded part and put in back in a new box so they wouldnt have to work to much on it but they said it wouldnt last long ... ) I feel like they enjoy those problem , getting used with the pricing and the way to do things since everyone will have the problem soon or later . My email is Seb85@live.ca if u want to plan for a recall count me in . And this week-end i will try to find a fuse box in good shape in scrap yard to change it myself . Dont really wanna give em that much money for something that isnt that much of a deal in reality . The fuse box is expose to rain and salt at winter time so the more u drive the more it get expose so only a matter of time for every dodge caliber owners

my3gifts
80

I have had nothing but problems with my dodge caliber 2007. I purchased new and since then have had to replace 2 alternators, bad air conditioner problem and the fuse box is now blown, no head light to the left. Find a mechanic that will pull a wire (relay wire) and run it to the other light. It will cost you about $150 but eventually you will need a new fuse box. I HATE THIS CAR

calibergirl
70

Hi, I am in northern California, and the same thing happened to me. You can contact me at karentripp7@yahoo.com I own a 2007 dodge caliber SXT as well. I hope to hear from you as I have 90K miles and my car is not under waranty any longer. I agree we need to contact Chrysler as a "group" with this same issue to get results. Thanks, Karen Tripp 9/3/2011

calibergirl
70

Hi, Karen again, I have had electric problems and one head light out as well. My car will not go into gear to gom forward or back up when jump started by a friend I thought it was just the battery, but its a new battery. The engine is missing and when I come to a stop sign the engine stalls, and will not start. I looked in the fuse box and I am wondering if there my car is to have ALL fuses in the box? I have a green 40 that has four places for fuses, and a red 10 and an empty space for a red 30 or 40? not sure dont have owners manuel, but will tow car to shop tuesday. can anyone tell me if all fuse spaces are to be full, or if it is norman for two, to be missing? Thank you! Karen karentripp7@yahoo.com

Jon Romero
1,535

The "fuse box" you are referring to is actually called the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). It is responsible for controlling numerous systems in your vehicle. The TIPM is a common failure on the Caliber. Your experiences are likely to be related to an internal TIPM failure.

You think this is helpful.
Bobbie Simmons
65

I have a 2007 Caliber...which had the issue with the headlight and the battery light coming on...thinking battery was bad...I replaced battery but that wasn't the problem....I ended up taking it to the Dealership and they replaced some kind of module thing...it plus labor was alittle over $500.00....it did take care of the headlight issue...but i still have trouble with the battery light coming on...the Dealership says its another module thing and it will cost close to $500 for that replacement...I have decided I can deal with the light coming on now and again for $500 bucks... I hope that helps ya know more about how much the fix will cost =)

Liza Orwin
80

Hi, I just had the same issue with my 07 SXT. I have just one head light that will not come on. However, I work for a company with equipment mechanics and they were able to located the dealer only part for me for $150. They said it is a simply install. When they originally looked up the part, it was $750. ABC Auto Parts - 800-458-7838 Burkhart Automotive (Not sure if you can order through this company) - 800-933-3805 Hickman's Service - 866-279-0381 I'll be ordering mine soon, but hopefully this is helpful.

mammagrace
40

I too have a problem with my low beam not coming on at all on one side of the car. Took it to a shop and they said the fuse box needed to be replaced. It this is the case, I have no idea what to do, definately not enough money to cover a thousand dollar part. I want to be involved in any possible chance of forcing a recall on this car. This is crazy to have to pay that much for a part that was obviously not built to last. I only have 60,000 miles (went out around 55,000) To anyone out there wanting to be involved in trying to get enough people involved in attempting to get this car recalled, I will do whatever I can to help. If that doesn't work, maybe we should try the newspapers or something to generate more public awareness how badly the consumer is getting ripped off from the manufacturer on this problem. Let me know. truth@gvtc.com

brit2nv
40

I have a 2007 Caliber R/T (got it new), I'm at about 189,000km. Earlier this week all the lights in my cluster started flashing, and the chimes started sounding. My car went into what they call "limp" mode where the car shuts down and the fastest you can go is 60km/hr on a flat roadway (and it has to build up to that speed). Unfortunately I was on a hill and dropped down to about 20km/hr, luckily the drivers behind me were paying attention and I didn't get rear ended. I got to a safe spot and pulled my car over. Got my car towed to a mechanic shop close to home. The following day they looked it over ($392 after taxes) to be told that the connections to my TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) had become corroded and that I would have to have it replaced ($1000 for the part, then there's labour on top of that). On top of that I was told that they would have to check all the wiring to ensure that all the corrosion was taken care of, which would probably cost a whole bunch of money seeing as there is a whole lot of wiring that would have to be checked. The service manager also told me that Chrysler/Dodge is aware of this issue and that it is all due to faulty design. I was appalled, why should I have to replace such an integral part after the length of time that I've had the car. I could understand something like a general wear and tear part going, but to have to fork out over $1500 dollars to repair just seems ridiculous. Issues like this really make me question whether I should purchase domestic the next time I buy, because it seems like there is no thought process behind the design for the internal workings, that there is more focus on the external appearance of the car. I'm on board for looking at some sort of compensation. Contact me at brit2nv@hotmail.com if you want to try and take this further.

Surinder Sharma
135

Hi, I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT, Last week I come to know that driver side day time running light not working very simple to change Bulb. I went to Canadian Tire ask him to change Bulb and He ask make and model of Car and then told me he will charge $65 for labour and bulb cost is extra. I just went to Edmonton South side Dodge dealership . Charge only $41 to change bulb and labour and I was so happy return back. When I was at home my wife check lights and told me it still not working. I went to dealership again next day they check and told me they have to diagnosed the problem and I have to book an appointment and it charge me $160 for trouble shooting then part replacement charges extra. A big amount. Now I visit to 12 volt car Electrician and he told me problem in fusebox and need to be replaced new one and it is common problem in Dodge Caliber. For a daytime running Bulb more that 1200$ . Is Dodge not have to recall that vehicles and replace faulty fuse boxes so that people has confidence in them. I just create a page on Facebook pleaase write your concern there and let us see if we have to go to court or Dodge can understand that issue and fix it accordingley. Face book link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/2007-Dodge-Caliber-SXT- Fuse-Box-Problem/314596678587653?skip_nax_wizard=true#!/pages/2007- Dodge-Caliber-SXT-Fuse-Box-Problem/314596678587653?sk=wall Please write your concern there and let us see if Dodge can do something. Regards, Surinder

Chris McGee
3,115

It is called the TIPM....Totally Integrated Power Module. This is what happens with technology cram to much in a small space. And yes they go bad all the time.... mostly wiper and headlight problems though.

JP2012
50

Hello there, What is the fuse plug power location number? JP from Québec

AHoliinger
80

Hello my name is Alice and I own a 2007 dodge caliber about a month ago in June my engine light popped on and I drove a little bit more and then all of my other lights came on gas, oil, brakes etc. (all lights). I drove a little bit more and the speed went down to 10 mile mph and it wouldn't go over that speed...and all of a sudden I put the car in park and turned it off and turned it back on and all the lights came back on. I let it sit for an hour and had my son return to pick it up and brought the car back to the house and I asked him whats wrong he said he didn't know but he reset the fuse box and started working at that time. I took it to Dodge dealership and i paid $90 for a diagnostic test and they said it was the TIPM nodule which runs 60% of the car it would have cost me $2200 to get it fixed by Dodge which is ridiculous because its a 2007; 38,000miles. So I brought the car back home and every time I go out everything comes back on and I'm stuck with driving at 20mph and my son has to keep restarting the fuse box. It's becoming frustrating because I'm looking to see if there is any recalls on this TIPM module....can anyone help because I'm ready to go to court for this!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Austin Henry
45

Hello, my name is Austin. I have a 07 R/T 5Spd and I have yet to have any of these issues. I am from North Carolina, so the temps are warmer and weather is completely different than up north. Are most the cars having this issue in the northern states and above? If so, due to the colder weather and then putting the electrical current through the wires could be causing the surround to crack and then the snow/water/moisture could get in and cause the "corrossion". I have heard/seen alot of issues about the TIPM and I am trying to see if it has to do with the region that the Calibers are located in.

kathy0303
20

We bought a 2007 caliber for my son's first car a couple of months ago. What a joke. 2 weeks after purchasing it, we had to take it in because it would start. Approx $300(don't remember what was wrong). Now, it has started overhearting. Cooling fan relay is bad. Of course you can't just replace the relay, the whole Totally Integrated Power Module has to be replaced! $800 just for the part! I will NEVER buy a dodge again!

Armyeng262
10

i bought a 2007 caliber R/T in February i have had no problems till this past weekend when the drivers side headlight went out. I pulled it out cleaned the contacts put it back in and everything was fine for 1 day then we went to open the sunroof and it would not open then both the power accesories went out and will not work. I pulled the fuse out for it and had it tested. It tested fine and the garage told me the same thing the fuse box is starting to corrode and needs to be replaced. I sent a letter in to Diamond Chrysler and the response I received was less then help full. I will never again purchase a Dodge product becouse of this issue I cant wait to go trade it in.

lepolaire
0

mine is 2008 sxt, i bought it 29.000 kms, now it is 68.000 kms. it stopped starting at all. i bypassed the fuse box to start directly with a wire attached near the battery, and this every time since 04 months. why? i call the dealer he told m 680$ + tax= labour for th fuse module. so i'm living with that until i find one cheaper, in US it costs arround 340$, i 'm thinking to find a mechanic in the otherside and ship the unit to him to save customs fees. good luck. i always had 2 vehicles of dodge now i have a honda.

Nathan Tyson
10

Same thing - TIPM died with only 20K miles on the car and cost 1K to fix. Service peeps had another Caliber come in with the same issue while mine was in. Pissed...waiting for Chrysler to finally recall that POS part and get some reimbursement. Some of the TIPM's have already been called on different Chrysler models so you should check your vin or have the dealership check it for pending recalls.

Jude Gentry
0

My problems are just starting...bought mine in Oct of 2012, should have read the internet first. Already I have a fuse that keeps blowing, can't use electronic lock so the hatchback is always unlocked, no interior ligghts, no cruise control, no sound with the blinkers...I am already regretting the purchase!

usedcarman12
70

To all the peeps that own a 2007 Dodge Caliber with the left low beam headlight out and facing a huge repair bill please read.. A friend of mine owns a 07 Caliber and the left low beam went out the dealer says $1200 to fix!!! I tried reseting the computer no good. Then I took a $1.50 piece of wire and ran it from the right headlight to the left and all lights work as they should case closed. All you have to do is find the low beam hot wire on the right side piggy back a piece of wire long enough to reach the left side light piggy back it to the left low beam hot wire. You can run the wire in and out of the core support across the front to hide the wire and keep it away from moving parts of the engine. IT WORKS AND VERY CHEAP!!!

klester2743
0

To Judy whose problems are just starting, SELL IT NOW!!! I bought my 2007 Caliber in 2009 and have had numerous minor electrical problems. Recently however the electrical problems have caused problems with the electronic throttle control which means no gas getting to motor.... so driving down the highway at 65 to 70 miles per hour and then nothing. All three times this happened the starter was burned up in the process. So after being stranded on the side of the highway three times and having to replace the starter 3 times we finally found the problem to be the Integrated Power Module. One thing that did work in the interim of waiting for the Module to be ordered my mechanic added a kill switch to the car to keep the starter from being burned up. Now that the module has been replaced I intend to get rid of the car as my mechanic tells me that he's not sure Dodge has this problem fixed and that the new modules will probably have the same problems. He knows one person who has replaced this part 3 times.

jenamber01
10

I am having the same problem and Mine is a 2009 Caliber, but both of my headlights dont work. I have tried rebooting the TIPM with no luck. I am looking to see if there are any recalls on this issue.

MzMCarney
0

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT is in the shop right now due to TIPM & WPM - no warning! I, too like many others is being overcharged to replace the TIPM (fuse box). I am ordering the parts myself and have them put on so they only charge me for labor not parts. Reduced half my bill so I can get my car out the shop.

MNM_AZ
10

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT, bought it new and only has 65,000 miles on it. The low beam went out at 60,000 miles on one side and was told it was the power module needed to be replaced. Also, have had both back windows fixed before the warranty was up because the motor went out even though I never use the back windows. Now the "regulators" are out on both back windows. Also, have needed something with the a/c replaced which required replacing everything and cost 1200 dollars. I live in AZ and need a/c so I had to replace it. The Caliber sucks and I wish I never a Dodge!

brit2nv
40

I currently have my 2007 R?T Caliber at the dealership. It's been there for 3 weeks as they have been trying to recreate the problem where my cluster starts to flash. Luckily it acted up for them two days ago (finally). They are telling me that the ABS modules have to be replaced and that my alternator is now going. $1,200 to fix. Hopefully this corrects the problem, I'm only sort of crossing my fingers. Just want to get through this winter as I have no problems in the warmer months. Possibly in the fall will be getting rid of it, but never ever again will I buy a Dodge. All these problems but they're ok with it because we're paying to fix it. It's not right in my eyes.

Drummerlawman
0

I just had the same problem this week with my 2007 Caliber. I was told the replacement fuse box would cost $900.00 My mechanic successfully "hotwired" the left headlight connection to the working right right headlght connection and both headlights now work. This obviously a design defect for which Dodge Chrylser should issue a recall/repair.

GeraldBourguet
20

If anyone's still having problems with their headlights on the 07 Dodge Caliber, there was a news segment on ABC15 recently that's pretty helpful in explaining what you should look into doing. Joe Ducey is an investigative reporter who helps out Phoenix consumers who have been scammed so if you're headlights are giving you problems, definitely check this out! https://www.myworldnews.com/Channel/62- knxv/Story/25581-let-joe-know-burned-out-headlight-could-cost-900

chrissy1234
10

I had the same problem , went for its mot and failed in headlight bulb , now ive been told £600 to fix ,crazy for 1 headlight bulb and all these poor people inc myself left with this massive bill ,i have a 2006 caliber and never had any problem with it apart from this , i find many garages in england dont want to know ,

Shari Hacha
10

Omg! This is ridiculous, I too am facing same problem now with my Dodge Caliber SXT the driver side headlight is out unless I turn highbeams on! I used to love this car , but it has been giving me a lot of mechanical issues ever since I purchased . Count me in for a recall petition we shouldn't be paying for this when the manufacturer should be responsible to inform us about this problem and take care of it. My mechanic is suggested to replace the fuse box for $619 used plus labor. Please contact me shari.marlene@gmail.com

Shari Hacha
10

I just called Crysler customer service and had them certify my call, please call to inform this problem so we may get reimbursed , save your receipts if you had work done !! 1-800-992-1997

KSIGMON1
0

I just called Crysler and had them document my issues as well as my info.. I've had alternator replaced several times, battery repl several times, my interior dash lights half work, my cig lighter n 12v won't work.. I've put so much $ in this car, it's totally ruined "new car shopping" for me as this was my very 1st new car I bought myself. .. Never again! !! My e-mail is haileenkym@yahoo.com I'm all for the petition. ..

Shelly Benitez
20

I have already filed a complaint here. hopefully we can rally all other TIPM issues together. I know I read that other Dodge models like the Ram have had this same problem. Speard the word maybe we can see a result!! http://www.safercar.gov/

Livvyblue25
0

I am having the same issues with the driver's side headlight and just today the headlights, blinkers, windshield wipers, and hazard lights stopped working while I was driving. I did some research and I found out you can file a formal complaint at www.safercar.gov and they will assess all of the complaints and potentially force Chrysler to issue a recall and/or reimburse those who have paid out of pocket to fix this recurring issue!! PLEAS EACH OF YOU GO TO THE LINK www.safercar.gov and File A Complaint! The more people we get, the better our chances of a recall!!

jackoodo
0

Thank you for answering the wiring &fuse issues. I had my eye on a 2008,but my eyes are going elsewhere. No wonder its been sitting in the car lot for months!!!!

tn695
5

3/20/12 fog lights did not work for inspection, so the mechanic said the problem was the TIMP - I replaced it and now 10/13/13 I sit here on the computer letting you know that there is a TIMP is a safety problem w/07 calibers, yesterday I went to town and a man was starring at me (not me - the fact that I had no brake lights- he let me know) I need to replace another TIMP because the TIMP (fuse box) in the calibers fail frequently (THIS IS A SAFETY DESIGN FLAW THAT NEEDS RECALLED) the cost of the TIMP is not cheap!!!!!!! - advise - DO NOT BUY A CALIBER - EVER!!!!!!

wild_west
10

Hi bought my 07 caliber in 09 in southern alberta. I'm having signal light/brake light/ headlight/ shifter issues. In park when I put the turn signal on either way the park latch flicks on and off and the brake lights flash and then I turn my headlights on and the brake lights go on solid and the park latch fully disengages then you push the brake and everything seems to reset - so weird. I haven't had it to a dealer but I'm wondering if this could be a TIPM issue. Any ideas?

gmonkey13
10

We replaced the battery and alternator on a 2007 dodge caliber and the battery light is still illuminated on the dash cluster. Any ideas?

dvinas
5

Hello everyone. First let me say that I am from Venezuela and I do not speak much English, so I'm helping with an online translator and thank excuse me if there is any error in writing. My Caliber has only 30,000 km or 18,600 miles. Three weeks ago I saw that the right front light did not work, so I took my car to the dealer and still has warranty. I was told that is the TIPM or Totally Integrated Power Module. Can you imagine how expensive this can be for us in Venezuela? I hope that the guarantee covers the costs completely and Chrysler make changes to that module, I see that very often the damage.

tlwoods0
40

I have a 2010 dodge caliber.. mine is starting issues.. I believe that the TIPM is my issue. I have continuity to all fuses except the 2 ASD relays.... I have power into the box and the fuse is alright just nothing in between ??? suggestions?

tn695
5

Well My Friend - NO, Chrysler has not made changes or recalled to date as far as I am aware. Your problem has now started exactly as mine did. After several trips to my mechanic (his and my research on this TIPM problem) - result of my last trip the caliber was at the mechanic's from Nov. 10, 2013 through Dec, 31, 2013 because it was to unsafe to drive around with no back brake lights that you could not rely upon, there was a separate fuse line run especially for the back brake lights, some people say that you can jump the line from the top brake light to the others - however in my case that did not work so the separate line and box was add so that the system so that it would not be overloaded - in short I believe your problem has just begun because you can replace the TIPM but that does not secure that the problem is fixed - I WILL HAPPEN AGAIN WITH ANOTHER LIGHT OR EVEN THE SAME LIGHT OR BRAKE LIGHTS - the TIPM's are unable to handle the load that has been created, best suggestion is to lighten the load somehow. - GOOD LUCK.

tn695
5

It is my experience that your problem is just beginning, the TIPM is located in bad spot to get all the dirt from the road, you really need to have it cleaned very well, however it will fix it for a while but not for good. It will happen again. I speak from experience. For instance you are the 2nd email received on this subject in just 5 days. There are many, many more people out there with this exact same issue going on.

Ashley Jones
20

I also have a 2007 Dodge Caliber. I bought it in 2009. Since then I have replaced 2 alternators, a fuel pump and several batteries. My current issue is the driver side light. First the low beam went out and I could still use the high beam but after a while the high beam also went out. I tried to get HID lights to see if they could just go around the light not working but the guy told me that there is for sure power going to the headlight plug but for some reason it's not powering the bulb. He said I would need to contact an automotive electrician. I live paycheck to paycheck and do not have that kind of money to put into this car. I'm still making payments until May. Anyone think they might do a recall some time soon. I can only get out of tickets for so long before cops start catching on that it's not getting fixed. Calibers SUCK!

tlwoods0
40

I found the issue with my 2010 - there is a box of relays under the left front wheel well.. right in direct line of salt sand and wetness.. I opened that box and found one out of 4 relays broken off and corroded.... CHECK THAT BOX!

chrissy1234
10

i have now sold mine before anything else goes wrong with it , before i sold it ,i found my passenger side back and front flooring was very wet , and to top that ,my drivers door kept on locking and had to climb over , lovely car to drive but I'm not made of money ,best of luck to all you owners , my advice is to sell if you can xx

tn695
5

chrissy1234 I'm w/you........... caliber = garbage

mikey1992
25

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T just under 90,000 miles. I first bought it last March (2013) 2 weeks later it wouldnt start. Got it back to the dealer after 3 weeks of no driving Had it towed ($200). Turns out a loose wire they fixed it. Left the dealer heard a loud scratching noise took it back they put it on a lift and called me in. The tow truck snapped my axle in half, it cost me $500 to replace it. Now almost a year later i havent had much problems with it until recently. Just the other day it stalled out on me while i was driving and the check engine light came on and the oil light light flashed. Got it pulled over and checked the oil. No oil. Took it to sears got an oil change ($60) seemed to run fine. I went to the gas station just 2 mins away from my place and on the way back it stalled out again with the check engine light and oil light coming on. My steering locked as well. 1. Can i even get rid of my car if i still have payments? Like return it to the dealer? 2. I'm 21 i dont have a high paying job where i can afford to fix it all the time especially when its $500 all the time. 3. Both times i almost could have lost my life can i sue them for selling a non-safety car? 4. What could be the problem causing the stalling?

Woodside417
0

My daughter purchased a 2007 dodge caliber last summer. A few months ago the drivers side low beam went out. I replaced the bulb, but still didn't work. After googling the problem I found out that there are many people having the same problem (the TIPM) . Last month the starter went out. We towed the car and got it replaced. 2 weeks later the same thing (starter #2). Another 2 weeks go by and guess what -- same thing . Now 3 tows 32 starters into this I find out they want almost $2300. to fix it. This car is the biggest POS I ever saw.

tn695
5

POS - you are correct - this car has major issues

Innocent Okidi
5

Bought my Dodge 2007 SXT in 2010 and never had a fault, not even a bulb change, besides the servicing for which i don't even follow the schedule. I am shocked at the problems everyone is facing. Additionally, my engine bay is dusty beyond recognition. Could it be that something is seriously wrong with my car? There has to be because i seem to be the only idiot on this forum

Ihatemydodge
0

YES. I have had nothing but issues with my Dodge Caliber 2007 SXT. I also replaced the TIPM and altogether with labor it cost 1500 not to mention the other money spent on mechanics who couldn't figure it out. I HATE THIS CAR. WORST CAR I EVER OWNED!! Now both front doors are busted. something to do with the springs in the door. it caused the door to push in the front fender on both sides. Now it looks like crap and I cant even use my passenger side door. I want to cry! I hate this POS. Im still recovering from the 1500 TIPM now this! Please let me know if a group gets together about the TIPM. jackywelch@ymail.com

Sean-Erin Tavistock
0

I have a 2011 Dodge Caliber that is sitting at Dodge at the moment, they just told me that the TIPM needs to be replaced at a cost of $1877.44. I have 79000km on it. Just sitting here in shock at the moment.

tlwoods0
40

Tell them to check the fuses in the drivers side wheel well... replaced a relay 23.00 can working fine now, or get second opinion....don't let them eff you around

Unhappydodgeowner
0

Wow wow wow, I've read every post on this page. Man I wish I saw this 2 years ago before leasing this 2010 dodge caliber sxt. I to having being having problems with my POS car. I've replacing my battery twice, rear brake light twice, and brake light switch. Check engine comes on one day before work. I could shift out of park. Call a mechanic friend he told me to use the disengage which I did. Turns out the TIPM is bad. There should really be a recall. Lord Help Us.

Amy Phillips
0

I found out this morning the my Dodge 2007 sxt needs a new fuse block and I had the same issue with the left low beam not working. I went through several headlights trying to avoid something major but sure enough. ... $1,000 needed to fix. I also had to have the fuel throttle pump replaced because the car wouldn't accelerate. That was a $450 part. The car has about 115,000 miles on it and has been maintained as far as regular maintenance since I have owned it, which will be 4 years in March. It had 55,000 when I bought it. As much as it's frustrating to read this I'm taking a little comfort in the fact that my mechanic is honest and not trying to overcharge. Thanks everyone for sharing. Hopefully something will come of this.