Dodge Caliber

Deathjam4
2,055

Asked by Deathjam4 Jun 05, 2013 at 08:41 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caliber SE

ok got me a dodge caliber and the alternator has 0 battery power going to it i put in a new alternator today and started testing power to the wires. and when i was looking i came up with a green wire that goes to the starter has been cut off not sure how long its been like that its my nana's car and her daughter was driving the crap out of it and had her crack head friends working on it. the fuse box and computer has no corosion as well and when i tested the little alternator plugs i got 0 and the other was 2.6 v while unpluged and key off

Jedidiah Rider
175

Your bolted wire should have 12vDC, if not, check your main fuse under hood. Car have stereo? possibly poped fuse, or jumped started can do that too. The other connector at the Alt. goes to the PCM/BCM. Isolate the connector and test for a 5vDC reference at plug(not shure what wire w/o diagram). No reference voltage at alt = bad signal from Body Control Module. That is bad news. That will involve tracing wires, new module, crying, money gone, ect...

Deathjam4
2,055

Problem was solved issue was the power wire to the alternator and starter burned up and broke apart. replaced it and it works good now.